[net.micro.cpm] Programmers Guide to CP/M

POURNE@Mit-Mc.ARPA (08/12/84)

From:  Jerry E. Pournelle <POURNE@Mit-Mc.ARPA>

can you, or ohnson-laird, send me a letter to this effect so I
can publish in BYTE?
POB 372
Hancock NH 03449

    Date: 12 August 1984 02:07-EDT
    From: Eric Stork <STORK at Mit-Mc.ARPA>
    To:   info-cpm at Amsaa.ARPA
    cc:   STORK at Mit-Mc.ARPA
    Re:   Programmers Guide to CP/M

      This message is of interest to owners (and prospective owners) of
      Andy   Johnson-Laird's  superb  THE  PROGRAMMER'S  CP/M  HANDBOOK
      (Osborne/McGraw-Hill), and is based on recent correspondence from
      the author.

      In the original edition, about two  pages  of  listing  were  not
      printed.  The missing listing is lines 04628 thru 04919 (see page
      261-262).   Anyone  who wants the missing lines can get them from
      the author's office: Johnson-Laird, Inc., 6441 SW  Canyon  Court,
      Portland  OR  97221.   Send  a SASE with a note on what you want.
      (Johnson-Laird said the  book  went  into  its  2nd  printing  in
      January  1984,  and  the  missing  material should be in that 2nd
      version.  But he is out of the country on a project and tells  me
      he has not seen the 2nd version.)

      Other errors in the book:

          .  page 64, figure 4-3, location 0153, correct to read:
                     JM   CTPX     (instead of MB  CTPX)

          .  On page 149, 7 lines from the bottom, there is a reference
             to  CCP+6.   That  reference  should be CCP+0.  The letter
             from  the  author  said  that  there  may  be  other  such
             erroneous  references,  for  CCP+6 is a CP/M-86 convention
             and thus the source of the error, but  he  has  not  found
             other such errors.

          .  page 258, line 03828, change this line to read:
                     STA  MOB$Character

          .  page 282, after line 09270, insert:
                     LXI  H,Disk$Control$5
             (Note:  after inserting that line the byte references will
             be offset by 3 bytes, if you type it all in  and  assemble
             it.)

      Finally, Johnson-Laird wants to know about any other bugs, typos,
      errors and what have you that anyone may spot.  Since he's not on
      ARPANET,  you  may  send  such information DIRECT to me (STORK at
      MIT-MC), and I'll relay to Johnson-Laird.

      If you have not yet seen the book, look at it.  If  you  buy  it,
      you'll  probably  not  lend  it  out  --  it's too valuable to do
      without for anyone who has any notion about playing  around  with
      8080 assembler and CP/M in general.

      Eric Stork (Stork at MIT-MC)

STORK@Mit-Mc.ARPA (08/18/84)