[net.micro.cpm] Some CPM and/or Kaypro II info needed

cpmlist@Amsaa.ARPA (08/20/84)

From:      Dave Towson (info-cpm-request) <cpmlist@Amsaa.ARPA>

Can anyone help with this query?  Please send replies to the originator,
not to me (i.e., don't use the "answer message" function of your mailer).

----- Forwarded message # 1:

Date: Tue, 14 Aug 84 15:48 EDT
From: WIrish.WBST@XEROX.ARPA
Subject: Some CPM and/or Kaypro II info needed
To: info-cpm-request@AMSAA.ARPA
cc: WIrish.WBST@XEROX.ARPA

I recently purchased a new CPM Plus (version 3 CPM) system. I also have
standard CPM (version 2) on another computer. My question is "is it
possible to read version 2 disks on a version 3 system???" (I know
"Anything is possible", the real question is what program/utility do I
use and where do I get it.) Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Wesley Irish

Also...

Anyone familiar with the Kaypro II is aware of its little quirks. The
one that I would like to eliminate at the moment is the disk drive motor
on time. In most cases the drive turns off between reads, only to turn
on again seconds (or msecs.) later.  This results in excessive disk
access time. The Kaypro is slow enough as it is!

I am looking for some "standard" patch that will correct this and/or
other Kaypro II problems. I realize this (these) problem(s) may be
hardware limitations and/or need to be patched in the ROM or in the
BIOS. I'll entertain suggestions for any or all of the above.

Thanks in advance,

Wesley Irish

----- End of forwarded messages

Dave Towson
info-cpm-request@amsaa.arpa

cpmlist@Amsaa.ARPA (08/27/84)

From:      Dave Towson (info-cpm-request) <cpmlist@Amsaa.ARPA>

----- Forwarded message # 1:

From: Bridger Mitchell <bridger@rand-unix>
Date: 24 Aug 84 17:18:02 PDT (Fri)
To: Dave Towson <cpmlist@amsaa.ARPA>
Cc: bridger@rand-unix
Subject: Re: [WIrish.WBST:  Some CPM and/or Kaypro II info needed]

PluPerfect Systems, Box 1494, Idyllwild CA 93249 has a low-cost
BIOS/BDOS enhancement package that incorporates 0.1-9 second
settable motor timeout (interrupt-timer driven).
--bridger

----- End of forwarded messages