[net.micro.cpm] More on VMENU

RCONN@SIMTEL20.ARPA (10/25/84)

From:  Rick Conn <RCONN@SIMTEL20.ARPA>

FYI -- I thought there might be a general interest in this.  I don't
think the phase 2 dist included one INS file for all of the phase 2 tools.
You will have to create your own (this is a simple text file) for installation
of the tools your are interested in.

	Rick
                ---------------

Date: Thu 25 Oct 84 12:07:16-MDT
From: Rick Conn <RCONN@SIMTEL20.ARPA>
Subject: Re: More on VMENU
To: MLY.G.DRU%MIT-OZ@MIT-MC.ARPA
cc: RCONN@SIMTEL20.ARPA

Z3INS installs one or more programs by reading an environment descriptor
and an INS file.  The INS file contains the names of the programs to be
installed.  To install VMENU, create an INS file with the name VMENU.COM
in it and then run the command:

	Z3INS SYS.ENV VMENU.INS

where VMENU.INS is the nme of the file containing a line with VMENU.COM
on it and SYS.ENV is your current ENV file.  See (type out) the file
ZCPR3.INS and look at it for an example.

	The reason VMENU could not find the shell stack, assuming that
you have one, is that it is NOT installed.  All programs like VMENU, VFILER,
DU3, etc, have to be installed (by Z3INS or by hand).  See the installation
manual for details on installing the shell stack.  That had to have been done
when you first built your ZCPR3 system.

		Rick
-------
-------