[net.micro.cpm] XMODEM ver. 100 replaces XMODEM99

W8SDZ@Simtel20.ARPA (10/28/84)

From:  Keith Petersen <W8SDZ@Simtel20.ARPA>

Right after I announced XMODEM99 I found XMDM-100 (the next version)
was just announced.  Since it has a sigificant improvement, I have
deleted XMODEM99 in favor of this new version.  Here is the list of
files available from SIMTEL20:

Filename			Type	 Bytes	 CRC

Directory MICRO:<CPM.RCPM>
XMDM-100.AQM.1			COM	 61056  8D0FH
XMDM-100.ASM.1			ASCII	 91030  327BH
XMDM-100.DOC.1			ASCII	 10544  7C15H
XMDM-100.DQC.1			COM	  7040  E78CH

And a DIF file to make XMDM-100.ASM from XMODEM99.ASM:
XM99100.DQF.1			COM	  2048  9315H

And a DIF file to make XMODEM99.ASM from XMODEM97.ASM:
XMDM9799.DQF.1			COM	 16896  3242H

Here's what's new in version 100:

     Added code to show appox. file size for download files in
kilobytes, also changed log file code to provide a more readable
log file and now includes appox. up/download times in MM:SS
format (both mins and secs now).

--Keith

notes@harpo.UUCP (10/31/84)

#R:sri-arpa:-1181600::30800005:000:210
!bob    Oct 30 19:57:00 1984

Could someone enlighten me as to how to get files from SIMTEL 20?
I have been told that it is somehow connected to ARPANET to which I don't have easy access.
						Thanks,
						R. L. Carroll
						harpo!bob

jcw@gitpyr.UUCP (John C. Wren) (11/04/84)

> Could someone enlighten me as to how to get files from SIMTEL 20?
> I have been told that it is somehow connected to ARPANET to which I don't have easy access.
> 						Thanks,
> 						R. L. Carroll
> 						harpo!bob

    In regards to the above question, could the answer please be posted to the
net?  I am not familiar with the location nor method of access for the SIMTEL-
20 system (database?), and am interested in looking through it, if possible.

--
John C. Wren
...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,masscomp,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!jcw