[net.micro.cpm] MANX Aztec C

katzung@ucsfcgl.UUCP (Brian Katzung) (11/15/84)

> I am interested in buying a "full" "K&R" C compiler for my z80 CP/M(tm)
> system.  I have read lots of articles, etc.  It seems that MANX Aztec C
> is a very possible contender.
	.
	.
	.

     A word of warning about the Aztec C run-time library...
I have been using the MANX Aztec C compiler on an Osbourne Executive
at work.  The compiler works very nicely (NO real complaints so far),
but the run-time library is about as bug-ridden and frustrating to use
as the compiler is bug-free and a pleasure to use.

     At some point, if I can find the time, I am seriously considering
scrapping the run-time library and rewriting from scratch.
(Did we get a bad copy somehow?  Anybody using the run-time library
heavily not experiencing large numbers of blatant bugs?)
			Brian Katzung  ucbvax!ucsfcgl!katzung

Stanley Dunn <smd@cvl.uucp> (11/19/84)

In article <> katzung@ucsfcgl.UUCP (Brian Katzung) writes:

>     At some point, if I can find the time, I am seriously considering
>scrapping the run-time library and rewriting from scratch.
>(Did we get a bad copy somehow?  Anybody using the run-time library
>heavily not experiencing large numbers of blatant bugs?)

I had nothing but trouble with Aztec C.
Perhaps I also got a bad copy of the run time library.

zemon@fritz.UUCP (Art Zemon) (11/20/84)

In article <> katzung@ucsfcgl.UUCP (Brian Katzung) writes:
>     A word of warning about the Aztec C run-time library...
>I have been using the MANX Aztec C compiler on an Osbourne Executive
>at work.  The compiler works very nicely (NO real complaints so far),
>but the run-time library is about as bug-ridden and frustrating to use
>as the compiler is bug-free and a pleasure to use.

I am surprised to hear that you are having problems with
the Aztec C run-time library.  I use the library
extensively on a CP/M system and have found no bugs at all.
I am using version 1.06D.

Are you still running 1.05G or 1.06B?  Those versions did
have bugs (especially 1.05).

I have a co-worker who uses the Aztec compiler on a Compaq
and have never heard him complain about run-time library
bugs.

If you get a chance, drop me a note and describe a couple
of your bugs.  I'll compare them to the fix-list which came
with 1.06D and let you know what I find.

--
	-- Art Zemon
	   FileNet Corp.

tj@sun.uucp (Cal Thixton) (11/26/84)