Forwarded message(s):
Date:  28 Jan 85 11:45 GMT
From: brad @ dca-eur
To: dbrothers @ DDN1.ARPA
CC: brad @ dca-eur
Text:
Re:  CPM information & SIMTEL
Date: 28 Jan 1985 11:22:21 Z
Text: Doug,
I still have not gotten my serial card to work.  I have only an
Apple Serial Card not the Super Serial card (I borrowed a Super
card from a neighbor only to see that it didn't work in slot 1 eithter).
I wrote to ALS and got a reply they say they have a utility called
FLIP that does the same thing as DEVICE except with the Apple Slots
1, 2, and 3.  It is included in CP/M releases 3.01B2 and later.  I
got release 3.01B1 and didn't get it.  Just sent them a letter today
asking them to send it and asked them to charge their CP/M programmers
kit on my MasterCard and send that too.  I have tried alot of different
things with the printer card in slot 2 trying to direct the output to
AUX: using DEVICE .  I have been unsuccessful in getting DEVICE to do
anything.  All devices are assigned as Null.  A control-P with the printer
card in slot 2 only gives me double characters on the screen.  As I
mentioned earlier the serial card doesn't allow CP/M to boot when the
serial card is in slot 1.  ALS' documentation says slot 1 is for the
printer card and does not specifically state parallel only!

Anyhow, I don't care if I have to put my printer serial card in slot 2
I'd just like to be able to get the output of WordStar to my printer!
my slot assignment is:
Slot #0   16K Card
Slot #1   vacant
Slot #2   Serial Card
Slot #3   Micromax-80 80 Col card
Slot #4   CP/M Card
Slot #5   Vacant
Slot #6   Disk Controller
Slot #7   ThunderClock
If you could tell me how to direct the output to AUX: or slot 2
I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,
Jim

-------------END OF FORWARDED MESSAGE(S)-------------