[net.micro.cpm] CP/M-80 file directory debugger needed

Kaminski.PA@XEROX.ARPA (01/29/85)

From: William R. Soley <WRS@C39.Tymnet.ARPA>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 85 19:42:10 PST
To: Kaminski.PA
Subject: CP/M-80 file directory debugger needed

I'm looking for a program which will let me display and patch the directory
and allocation vector on a CP/M disk.  It would be nice if it would also
automatically check for some consistency and rebuild the allocation vectors.

I've heard a rumor that one such program is named "FILFIX", but don't know
from where it is available.  I'd very much appreciate any pointers to this
program or one similar.

Thank you,
Bill Soley <WRS@Office-2.ARPA>

edwardsb@harvard.ARPA (Bill Edwards) (01/29/85)

> From: William R. Soley <WRS@C39.Tymnet.ARPA>
> Date: Thu, 24 Jan 85 19:42:10 PST
> To: Kaminski.PA
> Subject: CP/M-80 file directory debugger needed
>
> I'm looking for a program which will let me display and patch the directory
> and allocation vector on a CP/M disk.  It would be nice if it would also
> automatically check for some consistency and rebuild the allocation vectors.
>
> I've heard a rumor that one such program is named "FILFIX", but don't know
> from where it is available.  I'd very much appreciate any pointers to this
> program or one similar.
>
> Thank you,
> Bill Soley <WRS@Office-2.ARPA>

I don't know about on the net, but DU, or
PATCH16 are both disk editors (p.d.).  DU
is widely availablle on RCP/M's, and PATCH16
can be gotten from the Newton Bigboard
(617) 965-7259		Bill Edwards