[net.micro.cpm] Modem software

lawrence@pogo.DEC (02/27/85)

I am looking for modem/terminal software for an S-100 CP/M system running
a Z80 system with a CCS 2810 CPU and 2719 I/O board.  I am looking to see
if I can down load files from a CP/M system to a Commodore 64 in order to
save these files on the Commodore disk drive.  It need not be complex,
since I only need the software to down load at the moment.  If anyonh has any
modem hardware (schematics, etc) that would be helpful, too.

		Sent replies on the net, then I can send you my address.

ABN.ISCAMS@USC-ISID.ARPA (03/01/85)

Friend,

Re your wanting modem/terminal software for a CP/M system to download to
a Commodore 64...

If you want to do this Thing back-to-back (e.g., not over a telephone), you
could do it through a straight RS-232 connection! PIP will do an XON/XOFF
transfer (>PIP LST:=FOOBAR.TXT[B]).  They sell RS-232 converters for
the C64 via mail order for about $39, and the latest Byte (I think) had
a simple board for that .

If you truly need modem software, get back with me and I'll point you
to MODEM7xx.

Regards,
David Kirschbaum
Toad Hall
(ABN.ISCAMS@USC-ISID.ARPA)

shor@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Melinda Shore) (03/04/85)

[]
>From: ABN.ISCAMS@USC-ISID.ARPA
>If you want to do this Thing back-to-back (e.g., not over a telephone), you
>could do it through a straight RS-232 connection!

You can do it with PIP, but if you want to get two side-by-side computers
talking, but dollars to doughnuts you're gonna need a null modem cable.

--
Melinda Shore
University of Chicago Computation Center