[net.micro.cpm] Wordstar postprocessors

ir320@sdcc6.UUCP (ir320) (03/13/85)

I have tried to mail to the origonal poster several times but I can't
get through so, if you're out there, please respond:

As I had asked this person, there is a said postprocessor for Wordstar
to allow column printing.  Does anyone know what it is called and how
much it costs?  Second:  Does anyone out there know of any way to tell
wordstar to take the next CHARACTER verbatem (not line).  I need that
to send commands to printer/post processors of my own.  Believe it or
not an Apple word processor has this feature and it's very useful.

John Antypas UC San Diego

uucp:
{ucbvax,ihnp4,noscvax,bang,bmcg,dcdwest,akgua}!sdcsvax!sdcc6!ix255
arpa: sdcsvax!sdcc6!ix255@{Nosc,Berkeley)
      sdcc6!ix255@sdcsvax.arpa

ABN.ISCAMS@USC-ISID.ARPA (03/16/85)

John,

Re postprocessor for Wordstar for column printing:  I use a little utility
(public domain) called DBLPRINT or something like that - public domain,
I think from SIMTEL20 archives.  Not very sophisticated - takes the
whole document and reforms it into two columns - maybe not what you need.

Re forcing WordStar to take the next character... I thought ^P did that!
I know it forces whatever character you enter to its CTRL-equivalent,
but what else would you have to force?

Sorry, more questions than answers!

Regards,
David Kirschbaum
Toad Hall
(ABN.ISCAMS@USC-ISID)

hollombe@ttidcc.UUCP (Jerry Hollombe) (03/19/85)

>From: ir320@sdcc6.UUCP (ir320)
>Subject: Wordstar postprocessors
>
>                Second:  Does anyone out there know of any way to tell
>wordstar to take the next CHARACTER verbatem (not line).

As of my latest version of Wordstar (3.3 on an Osborne 1) there's no way to
do  this  in  the  basic, vanilla version from Micropro.  I think there was
someone selling an add-on program that would give Wordstar this capability,
along with several other useful goodies, but I can't remember who.

If this is something you do a lot and consistently,  you  can  program  the
user defined keys (^Q, ^W, ^E, ^R) to insert the codes you need.

The Polymath (aka: Jerry Hollombe)
Citicorp TTI                               If thy CRT offend thee, pluck
3100 Ocean Park Blvd.                      it out and cast it from thee.
Santa Monica, CA  90405
(213) 450-9111, ext. 2483
{philabs,randvax,trwrb,vortex}!ttidca!ttidcc!hollombe