[net.micro.cpm] print file repeatedly in Wordstar

jp@lanl.ARPA (07/21/85)

> Can one repeatedly print the same file in Wordstar without having to start
> the process everytime?

A simple way to do this is to use Mail-Merge.  If you don't have it another
approach is to use ^KB -- ^KK to mark the whole text.  Then use ^KC repeatedly
to make as many copies as you desire.  If you have page numbering turned on
put a .pn1 at the top of the block. Also, put a .pa at the bottom to ensure
that each copy starts at the beginning of a page.

The best thing about Wordstar is if you want to do something there is usually
a way to do it.

Jim Potter jp@lanl.arpa

edwards@harvard.ARPA (Bill Edwards) (07/22/85)

My version of Wordstar (2.26) has a 'number of copies' option to the
'M' (merge-print) command on the NO-FILE menu.

					Bill Edwards
					Harvard University

					edwards@harvard.ARPA
					edwards@harvard.UUCP

archer@SEISMO.ARPA (07/26/85)

Can one repeatedly print the same file in Wordstar without having to start
the process everytime?  I like to use my printer as a cheap copier, but
dislike having to babysit the process.

steve {allegra,seismo}!rochester!kodak!archer

jp@LANL.ARPA (07/26/85)

rlk@wlcrjs.UUCP (Richard L. Klappal) (07/27/85)

In article <112@kodak.UUCP> archer@kodak.UUCP (steve archer) writes:
>Can one repeatedly print the same file in Wordstar without having to start
>the process everytime?  I like to use my printer as a cheap copier, but
>dislike having to babysit the process.
>
>steve {allegra,seismo}!rochester!kodak!archer

With Mailmerge, just specify the number of copies.  Without Mailmerge,
babysit, or block copy the entire document onto the end of itself
nn times, then print it

	^K^B at the beginning
	^K^K at the end
	^K^C makes a total of 2 copys

then
	^K^B at the beginning
	^K^K at the end
	^K^C makes a total of 4 copys, .. etc.

Richard Klappal

UUCP:		..!ihnp4!wlcrjs!uklpl!rlk  | "Money is truthful.  If a man
MCIMail:	rklappal		   | speaks of his honor, make him
Compuserve:	74106,1021		   | pay cash."
USPS:		1 S 299 Danby Street	   |
		Villa Park IL 60181	   |	Lazarus Long
TEL:		(312) 620-4988		   |	    (aka R. Heinlein)

melmoy@NPRDC.ARPA (Mel Moy) (08/08/85)

The best way to output multiple copies from Wordstar is to utilize Mailmerge
to output your file.  Even if you are not really performing mailmerge
functions, such as customizing form letters, you have the ability to
specify how many copies you wish to have printed.

Mel Moy
melmoy@nprdc