[net.micro.cpm] 8085 assembler

kevinb@sdcsvax.ARPA (08/08/85)

In reference to James Jokl's message, I'm trying to resurrect an Imsai 8085
based system, so any information re an 8085 assembler, I too, would appreciate.

                           Thanks,
			     Kevin Belles
Kevin J. Belles - UUCP {ihnp4,cbosgd,sdcsvax,noscvax}crash!kevinb
~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ - ARPA crash!kevinb@{ucsd,nosc}.ARPA

dmimi@ecsvax.UUCP (Miriam Clifford) (08/10/85)

> In reference to James Jokl's message, I'm trying to resurrect an Imsai 8085
> based system, so any information re an 8085 assembler, I too, would appreciate.

I am not an assembler programmer, so am not too sure about my comments,
but---

The Zenith Z100 (not the Z150 Z100 PC) has CPM on an 8085 as well as
msdos.  Therefore, I would think that the assmebler instructions that
come with that machine would have the 8085 version.  If you can't get
it closer, I probably have it somewhere in the documentation that came
with my machine.  Or talk to a Heath/Zenith dealer.

{decvax,ihnp4,akgua}!mcnc!ecsvax!dmimi
Mimi Clifford
2535 Sevier St
Durham, NC 27705
919-489-4821  919-684-2854 (Wed)

dlc%b@LANL.ARPA (Dale Carstensen) (08/21/85)

> From: Miriam Clifford <dmimi%ecsvax.uucp@BRL.ARPA>
>
> > In reference to James Jokl's message, I'm trying to resurrect an Imsai 8085
> > based system, so any information re an 8085 assembler, I too, would appreciate.
> >
> The Zenith Z100 (not the Z150 Z100 PC) has CPM on an 8085 as well as
> msdos.  Therefore, I would think that the assmebler instructions that
> come with that machine would have the 8085 version.  If you can't get
> it closer, I probably have it somewhere in the documentation that came
> with my machine.  Or talk to a Heath/Zenith dealer.
I think the only instruction differences from 8080 to 8085 are the RIM and SIM
instructions to handle the serial I/O lines. So, in, for instance, ASM, the
standard CP/M assembler, a RIM is:
	db	20h		; RIM
and a SIM is:
	db	30h		; SIM
If you have a macro-assembler or Z80 assembler, there may be a slight difference
but there is really nothing all that special about the 8085.

The 8085 also has interrupts 5.5, 6.5, and 7.5 which vector 4 bytes later than
interrupts 5, 6, and 7, and have separate, simply utilized pins, and it has
multiplexed the data with half the address pins to make room for the pins with
the extra functions, but those features have no effect on the assembler.