[net.micro.cpm] TURBO DOS

Dave@tgr.UUCP (info-cpm-request) <cpmlist@Amsaa.ARPA> (11/30/84)

----- Forwarded message # 1:

Date: Thu 29 Nov 84 18:24:35-CST
From: Douglas Good <CMP.DOUG@UTEXAS-20.ARPA>
Subject: TurboDos
To: info-cpm-request@AMSAA.ARPA

I have TurboPascal but don't know what TurboDos is. If it is something
totally different from TurboPascal but as good I'll be sure to get it.

		Thanks in advance,
		--Doug

-------

----- End of forwarded messages

Robert Bloom AMSTE-TOI 3775 <rbloom@Apg-1.ARPA> (11/30/84)

As to what TurboDOS is:

The one line answer is to read the Aug 84 Microsystems.

The multi-line answer that might or might not start you on the one line
answer is that TurboDOS is a closely-coupled network (most configurations
are on a S-100 bus) that manages multiprocessors, one per user.  A less
accurate, but more understandable statement is that TurboDOS is a multi-
user operating system inwhich each user has their own processor and share
disk drives, printers, etc.  I believe it supports 8080's, z80's, 8086's
8080's and emulates either cp/m-80 or -86.

Simtel20's 'papa' (Frank Wancho) is an strong TurboDOS supporter.  It
is a candidate to replace my 5-users-on-one-z80 multi-user micro.

-bob bloom

I6191008%DBSTU1.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA (01/10/86)

Does anybody know the Disk Format (8 inch) of TURBO DOS? I'm using a

banked CP/M 3.0 which can read nearly any CP/M Format. But I didn't

manage to read TURBO DOS. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

Johann Zuschlag (I6191008@DBSTU1.BITNET)