[net.micro.cpm] DAK Industries

cem@intelca.UUCP (Chuck McManis) (04/29/86)

> A lot of info about DAK, which has been removed for the sake of clarity
>
>    I know innumerable peole who have made purchases from DAK.  In literally
> *EVERY* case, they have been thouroughly displeased with the products and the
> service offered by DAK.  The company will not make any effort to correct
> problems, they will lie to you about schedules and anything else.
>
>    Stay *AWAY* from them!
>
> --
> Disclaimer:  I hereby disclaim any and all responsibility for disclaimers.
>
> tom keller
> {ihnp4, dual}!ptsfa!gilbbs!mc68020

I guess I am the exception to the rule, I bought two of the hands of
communicators from them about 6 months ago. They arrived on schedule
and in perfect shape. A month later the microphone went out on one,
I called them up they said send it back, I did and three weeks later
I had a new unit. So much for statistics I guess.

--Chuck
--
                                            - - - D I S C L A I M E R - - -
{ihnp4,fortune}!dual\                     All opinions expressed herein are my

jnp@calmasd.CALMA.UUCP (John Pantone) (04/30/86)

In article <23@intelca.UUCP>, cem@intelca.UUCP (Chuck McManis) writes:

>>A lot of info about DAK, which has been removed for the sake of clarity
>>
>>   Stay *AWAY* from them!
>>
>>[...omission...]
>
> I guess I am the exception to the rule, ...
>
> [...good report on DAK omitted ...]

I bought a 300/1200 baud "smart" modem from DAK - it was shipped within
10 days, and has been "perfect" - no problems from it nor DAK.
=     These opinions are mine, all mine and nothing but mine.       =
=       They in no way reflect the opinions of my employer.         =
=   John Pantone  	 ...{ucbvax | decvax}!sdcsvax!calmasd!jnp   =
=     GE/Calma  	          jnp@calmasd.UUCP                  =
=  9805 Scranton Rd.  	           (619) 587-3125                   =
= San Diego CA 92121                                                =