[net.micro.cpm] Response to <174@brl-smoke.ARPA> <678@mb2c.UUCP>

Unknown@hplabs.UUCP (04/28/86)

This message is empty.

mc68020@gilbbs (04/28/86)

In article <678@mb2c.UUCP>, spm@mb2c.UUCP (Steve Mazurek) writes:

> > I was looking through a DAK catalog recently, and saw a MODEM PHONE (computer-
> > ized yellow pages they called it).  As part of the sales promo, they said they
> > had the address of a company that sold a directory of hundreds of bulletin
> > boards:   does anyone know what this company is and how to find them??
> >
> > Anyone having lists or directories of bulletin boards, or who knows of a good
> > bulletin board - pleas write.
> >

> I just happen to have this information:
>
> 	DAK Industries Incorporated
> 	8200 Remmet Ave.,
> 	Canoga Park, CA 91304
>
> 	Orders: (800) 325-0800

   I know innumerable peole who have made purchases from DAK.  In literally
*EVERY* case, they have been thouroughly displeased with the products and the
service offered by DAK.  The company will not make any effort to correct
problems, they will lie to you about schedules and anything else.

   Stay *AWAY* from them!

--
Disclaimer:  I hereby disclaim any and all responsibility for disclaimers.

tom keller
{ihnp4, dual}!ptsfa!gilbbs!mc68020

(* we may not be big, but we're small! *)

kucharsk@puff (05/01/86)

In article <209@gilbbs.UUCP>, mc68020@gilbbs.UUCP (Tom Keller) writes:
>    I know innumerable peole who have made purchases from DAK.  In literally
> *EVERY* case, they have been thouroughly displeased with the products and the
> service offered by DAK.  The company will not make any effort to correct
> problems, they will lie to you about schedules and anything else.
>
>    Stay *AWAY* from them!
>
> --
> Disclaimer:  I hereby disclaim any and all responsibility for disclaimers.
>
> tom keller
> {ihnp4, dual}!ptsfa!gilbbs!mc68020

Well, my friends and I have spent a combined total of over $4000 on purchases
from DAK and don't have one bad thing to say about them.  The majority of
what they sell works great, and what doesn't perform up to your expectations
DAK takes back without any problems whatsoever.  My friend bought a printer
from them that he found he didn't like - DAK took it back, no problem.
Another had a problem with his Cerwin-Vega subwoofer; DAK said to send it
back.  He did and soon received a NEW one (not repaired.)  And as for schedules,
I ordered an equalizer from DAK.  They took a little over 2 weeks, so I called
their toll-free line.  I asked about it, and they said it had been shipped "a
few days ago."  UPS delivered it the next day.  I wholeheartedly say that if
DAK has something you'd like, give it a try; you can always send it back.

--

				William Kucharski
				University of Wisconsin - Madison

| Ameritech/Wisconsin Bell (Currently) : (608) 264-4013			      |
| Ameritech/Wisconsin Bell (After 5/17): (414) 769-7457			      |
| USPS (Currently):  253 Fish - Ogg East				      |
|      		     Madison, WI  53706					      |
| USPS (After 5/17): 5624 South Indiana Avenue				      |
| 		     Cudahy, WI  53110					      |