[net.micro.cpm] Speaking of DAK

Cent.Mbeck%OZ.AI.MIT.EDU@mit-xx.ARPA (Mark Becker) (05/01/86)

Hello NetLand -

     Received DAK's flyer in the mail the other day and saw their ad
for the "walks like a duck..." 1200 baud modem.  Has anyone purchased
one of these things?  How about a comment or two?

-------

Eldridge.ES@xerox.ARPA (05/01/86)

I recently purchased a 1200 baud Smart Duck modem.  I have had no
trouble with it and I am satisfied with its operation.  It seems to do
everything you would expect of a Hayes compatible modem (plus a few
extra features).  The quality of the unit is not as high as the Hayes,
but then neither is the price.

George

NBaheti.es@xerox.ARPA (05/02/86)

Mark et al--

	A friend of mine, Dick Bollinger, wrote a nice review of
the beast.  He was very pleased with it.  It supports all commands
of the Hayes except ATH2, apparently.  If you wish a copy of
the file, leave me mail or check the last issue of Micro-Cornucopia
(as it was published there).

--Arun Baheti
  NBaheti.es@Xerox.COM
  Baheti%MIT-OZ@MIT-MC.ARPA

jnp@calmasd.CALMA.UUCP (John Pantone) (05/05/86)

In article <460@brl-smoke.ARPA>, Cent.Mbeck%OZ.AI.MIT.EDU@mit-xx.ARPA (Mark Becker) writes:
> ..... DAK ..... "walks like a duck..." 1200 baud modem. .....

I have had one for almost a year, use it several times a week, no
trouble at all.

-----

"I have no connections with DAK"

--
These opinions are solely mine and in no way reflect those of my employer.

...{ucbvax|decvax}!sdcsvax!calmasd!jnp   jnp@calmasd.UUCP GE/Calma San Diego

clark@ssc-vax.UUCP (Roger Clark Swann) (05/06/86)

*** line eater ***

>      Received DAK's flyer in the mail the other day and saw their ad
> for the "walks like a duck..." 1200 baud modem.  Has anyone purchased
> one of these things?  How about a comment or two?

I have a friend that bought one recently and has it connected to his
Amiga with no complaints. If fact he says it works great!

*******************************

I don't know how this conversation about DAK started, but I will add
my two cents worth.... I have purchased MANY items from DAK and have
always been satisfied. There was one item, a telephone HOLD device
that didn't work as advertised. I sent it back and received a full
and complete refund. In addition, I have many friends that have made
purchases from DAK and I have not heard a BAD word yet.....

Does anyone know why this conversation is taking place on this cpm
group ????  Maybe we shuold move it ????

Roger Swann		ssc-vax!clark

As usual, I disavow any knowledge of my actions.

carr@convex.UUCP (05/09/86)

/* ---------- "Speaking of DAK (1200 baud modem).." ---------- */
Hello NetLand -

     Received DAK's flyer in the mail the other day and saw their ad
for the "walks like a duck..." 1200 baud modem.  Has anyone purchased
one of these things?  How about a comment or two?

-------
/* End of text from convex:net.micro.cpm */

I purchased one of these modems (they are made by ADC) about two months ago
and it works fine. No problems at all! They come with a 30 day refund policy
and a one year warranty.

				Rob Carruthers {...uiucdes!convex!carr}