[net.micro.cpm] BITNET mail follows

KJBSF%slacvm@BRL.ARPA (12/13/83)

Date: 12 December 1983, 14:40:09 PST
From: KJBSF    at SLACVM
To:   INFO-CPM at BRL.ARPA
Subject: Apple CP/M Kermit-80

  I downloaded the CPMAPPLE.HEX kermit from Columbia, and Loaded it on
my Apple, and I seem to have had some problem.  Everything works fine,
except for one thing; that is this:  The program will not send any of the
characters I type to the remote system (when I'm in terminal mode)!!
Maybe someone could help me with this.  Thanks.
            - Kevin

KJBSF%SLACVM.BITNET%berkeley@sri-unix.UUCP (03/09/84)

Date: 8 March 1984, 14:41:03 PST
From: KJBSF    at SLACVM
To:   INFO-CPM at BRL.ARPA
Subject: Kermit and Apple

  Kermit-80 on my Apple aborts a file transmission every time I try
after 60 packets have been sent.  I can't figure out what the problem
could be.  Any suggestions?

KJBSF%SLACVM.BITNET@ucb-vax.ARPA (06/21/84)

Date: 21 June 1984, 11:26:37 PST
From: KJBSF    at SLACVM
To:   INFO-CPM at BRL-TGR.ARPA
Subject: Softcard problems

  I had alot of problems with the Softcard in my II+, escpecially when
using the combination of CPM60 + my 80-column card.  Apparently, the
softcard has problems with the switching in and out of the memory in the
language card.  With 56K the problems seemed to have gone away.  In the
//e it has some problems with my extended 80-column card.  Arggghh..
I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of it.  Oh well, that's just about
$250.
     - Kevin

KJBSF%SLACVM.BITNET@ucb-vax.ARPA (09/10/84)

Date: 10 September 1984, 10:34:25 PST
From: KJBSF    at SLACVM
To:   INFO-CPM at BRL.ARPA
Subject: Date & Time

How can I get the system date and time into a CBASIC program under
CP/M-Plus?

cpmlist@Amsaa.ARPA (09/10/84)

From:      Dave Towson (info-cpm-request) <cpmlist@Amsaa.ARPA>

----- Forwarded message # 1:

Date: 10 September 84 10:08-PST
From: KJBSF%SLACVM.BITNET@Berkeley
To: INFO-CPM-REQUEST@AMSAA
Subject: BITNET mail follows

Date: 10 September 1984, 10:07:18 PST
From: KJBSF    at SLACVM
To:   INFO-CPM-REQUEST at AMSAA.ARPA
Subject: Info-World reference question

When I tried to call either of those numbers, I got a message similar to this:

"That number is not available in your calling area."

How irritating.

----- End of forwarded messages

UKC340%UKCC.BITNET@wiscvm.ARPA (04/02/86)

HELO UKCC.BITNET
VERB ON
TICK 0001
MAIL FROM:<UKC340@UKCC.BITNET>
RCPT TO:<ARPAinfo-cpm@ARPAamsaa.ARPA>
DATA
Date:      31 Mar 86 16:10 EST
From:      UKC340@UKCC.BITNET
To:        ARPAinfo-cpm@ARPAamsaa.ARPA
Subject:   simtel20 public domain software

I was wondering if there was anyone out there who has access to
FTP on arpanet and would be willing to ship some of the public domain
software available on simtel20 to me.  i have no way of accessing
the cp/m archives directly.

                                          thank you,
                                          Wayne E. Beech

K797110%CZHRZU1A.BITNET@wiscvm.ARPA (06/10/86)

Date: 10 June 1986, 15:58:59 GMT
From: Christian Schaeke         0041-1-980 19 20     K797110  at CZHRZU1A
To:   INFO-CPM at AMSAA.ARPA

Hi
Does anyone of you know how to find out if a CP/M program runs on the
DEC Rainbow without having to test it? And what do I have to change on a
CP/M program I get if it doesn't run on my Rainbow???
Last question: what's so good about CCP/M??

Thanks for your answer in advance
           Chris
(University of Zurich, Switzerland)