[net.micro.cpm] Kudos for Frank, Keith, et.al. re Archive-Server

SECRIST%OAK.SAINET.MFENET@LLL-MFE.ARPA (09/11/86)

From:    <SECRIST%OAK.SAINET.MFENET@LLL-MFE.Arpa>   (Richard C. Secrist)
Date:    Thu, 11-SEP-1986 13:14 EST
To:      INFO-CPM@AMSAA.ARPA

Just a note of sincere thanks to Frank, Keith, and everyone else who put
up the SIMTEL20 archive-server for all for us !  Your efforts are most
appreciated, and as soon as I recover from the feeding frenzy brought
about by this Christmas-in-September, I'll be sure to show my gratitude
with uploads !  Thank you VERY much !

Richard (aka rcs)
SECRIST%OAK.SAInet.MFEnet@LLL-MFE.Arpa

samples@renoir.Berkeley.EDU (A. Dain Samples) (09/16/86)

In article <3728@brl-smoke.ARPA> SECRIST%OAK.SAINET.MFENET@LLL-MFE.ARPA writes:

>Just a note of sincere thanks to Frank, Keith, and everyone else who put
>up the SIMTEL20 archive-server for all for us !  Your efforts are most
>appreciated, ...
>
>Richard (aka rcs)
>SECRIST%OAK.SAInet.MFEnet@LLL-MFE.Arpa

My thanks, too!  However, being a relatively new subscriber to the group, I
only know of the existence of this boon, and not how to take advantage of
it.  Perhaps it was in a message I didn't read closely enough because
I didn't know what I had, but  ...

Would it be possible for someone to post again how someone can take
advantage of the SIMTEL20 archives?  What kind of account is needed, and
where, and how to know what to order, etc.

I apologize if this produces tedious net.mail for others, but I would sure
appreciate some assistance here.

Dain
A. Dain Samples, 573 Evans, UC Berkeley, samples@kim.berkeley.edu
All opinions expressed herein are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of
anyone that does not want them to.