[net.micro.cpm] merging two text files

LIN@mit-xx.ARPA (10/15/86)

I'm looking for a program similar to PASTE that will take two text
files and turn them into one file of two column.  Paste would do it,
except that the alignment of the second column is dependent on the
line width of the first column.  Thus, the program would have to take
a couple of additional inputs specifying how wide to make each file.

Thanks..

swillett%amber.Berkeley.EDU@ucb-vax.ARPA (10/17/86)

There is a program called ZIP which concatenates up to seven input files
on a line-by-line basis.  I have not used it personally, but it is in the
library of BAKUP (Bay Area Kaypro Users and Programmers) who got it from
ONKUG, the Kaypro Corp. user's group disk newsletter some time ago.  If
you are interested in more info you can send me a message or write to me
at BAKUP Library, 412 61st St., Oakland, CA 94609.  Disks from our library
are only available to members ($10 per year, mail order disks $7.50 each),
but if you send me a disk in a reusable mailer I will copy thaT LBR file and
return it to you.
Steve Willett, BAKUP Librarian

public@wheaton (Joe Public) (10/21/86)

In article <4630@brl-smoke.ARPA> LIN@mit-xx.ARPA writes:
>I'm looking for a program similar to PASTE that will take two text
>files and turn them into one file of two column.

Me too!  Me too!

				--calvin culver--