[net.comics] reply to OZ

crd55611@ihuxk.UUCP (Chuck Dobrovolny) (01/09/84)

To: ihnp4!houxm!mhuxl!eagle!harpo!seismo!rlgvax!oz
Subject: Re: Marvel Secret War

I haven't read Secret War yet (it's somewhere the middle of the pile I
bought last Friday) but I hope I won't agree with you after I have.  I
really enjoyed the Avengers stories that Shooter wrote about a year ago
(his portrayal of the Molecule Man as a unique breed of low life was
priceless) and I've been looking forward to a good story AND good
storytelling in Secret War.  It wouldn't surprise me though, if you
were right on this, OZ.  Marvel seems to be doing its best to greedily
capitalize on the resurgence of interest in the comics medium.  I'm
speaking chiefly about the plethora of reprints of late and might as well
include "limited series" (an ingenious but obvious marketing tool) as
part of my beef.  ....Seems like everybody's going for short term gain
and low risk items instead of true quality material these days.  Well,
....not EVERYbody.  Some of the stuff HAS been good.....

                                                ...hoping you're wrong

                                                Chuck (try writing to Marvel!)
                                                Dobrovolny  ihuxk!crd55611