[net.comics] Thor #350

boyajian@akov68.DEC (Jerry Boyajian) (09/11/84)

> From: Mike Ciaraldi  <ciaraldi>
>
> I just got Thor #350, and it DOES NOT tie up the story line
> that has been building the last year, it's continued until
> #351!!!!!!!!  They imply that that issue will finish up the
> story line at last.

Well, back when Simonson first took over THOR, he planned to only take it to
#350, which was going to be the usual double-sized "anniversary" issue. After a
while, though, when Simonson decided that he'd stay on longer (latest word is to
at least #360), he probably didn't feel as constrained to finish the storyline
by 350. He also probably couldn't fit a double-sizer in his schedule if it was
not going to be his last. So, the story gets put into two regular-sized issues.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Maynard, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA

ciaraldi@rochester.UUCP (Mike Ciaraldi) (09/12/84)

From: Mike Ciaraldi  <ciaraldi>
#351!!!!!!!!  They imply that that issue will finish up the
story line at last.
Good story, though.

Other stuff on endings:

I haven't seen Elfquest #20 yet, but it is supposed to finish the
story (the Pinis said so in Ithaca in April, and other places since then).
#21 is going to be lots of letters and a little miscellaneous artwork.

I also got Avengers #250 last week. I had hoped it would have the
windup of the "Vision gets mellow" storyline, but no such luck.
Again an OK story, but not a blockbuster anniversary issue.

And, I did like Captain America #300, but I thought the
guy with the healing touch who saved him was sort of
pulled in from left field. Who is to say he won't be
summoned whenever Cap is wounded from now on?

Speaking of healing, the Wasp gets brought back from the dead
by Szaji, or whatever her name is last issue. I had expected that
she or some other
Superheroes would die, and when the heroes won, the prize
they would ask for would be their comrades' resurrections.

Oh well......

Mike Ciaraldi
ciaraldi@rochester
seismo!rochester!ciaraldi