[net.comics] x future issues big screech

dub@pur-phy.UUCP (Dwight) (10/24/84)

> From: lmaher@uokvax.UUCP
> Other possiblities for large issues ..................
> ............. Or Sara Grey's two children coming
> to Xavier's School, although that's more likely to happen in the
> New Mutants.  Tommy's 14 by now, after all.
>
> Carl
> {allegra,ihnp4}!convex!ctvax!uokvax!lmaher

	Ok, who the heck is Sara Grey.  Are you talking about the
woman that Xavier f*#k'ed Xmen #161 or is this somebody totally
amdultarous.
			"All mimsy were the ...."
			       Dwight Bartholomew
UUCP:{ decvax, icalqa, ihnp4, inuxc, sequent, uiucdcs  }!pur-ee!pur-phy!dub
     { decwrl, hplabs, icase, psuvax1, siemens, ucbvax }|purdue!pur-phy!dub
		*Hic*   .:::::.
		  !    /\ #  :::
		  !   (--\ \  ::
		   \__/   ######
			  $$$$)))&&

mcdonald@smu.UUCP (10/27/84)

Jean's sister?               McD

lmaher@uokvax.UUCP (10/28/84)

>>> From: lmaher@uokvax.UUCP
>>> Other possiblities for large issues ..................
>>> ............. Or Sara Grey's two children coming
>>> to Xavier's School, although that's more likely to happen in the
>>> New Mutants.  Tommy's 14 by now, after all.
>>
>> From pur-phy!dub
>>	Ok, who the heck is Sara Grey.  Are you talking about the
>>woman that Xavier f*#k'ed Xmen #161 or is this somebody totally
>>amdultarous.
>
> From smu!mcdonald
> Jean's sister?               McD

smu!mcdonald is right, Sara Grey is indeed Jean's sister.  The
name of her husband and second child have never been revealed, as
far as I know.  In an interview in The X-Men Companion Vol II
Claremont and Louise Jones (now Simonson) mentioned that Sara's
two children were probably mutants, possibly a recieving and
projecting empath who would work as a team.

Xavier's autistic son is also about 14, and should be showing up
in the New Mutants any issue now.  My two best guesses for why he
is autistic are 1) He can't control his telepathy and he's
retreated into a corner of his mind and pulled the hole in after
him to get away from everyone's thoughts, or 2) (much more
unlikely, although *I* like the idea) he's found the world of
people's imaginations so wonderful that he has no desire to
return to the real world - he seems autistic to us, but it's
really we who are crippled.  This latter idea is interesting for
several reasons - as an example of a mutant who is *very*
different from humans and has no interest in living a "normal"
life, and as a serious problem for Xavier.  Will he force his son
back into the "real" world, ramming normality down his throat?
Or will he realize his son is better off as he is, and if he
leaves him that way will anyone else (the boy's mother and Moira
especially) understand his reasons?  More likely CC will just
have Xavier heal the boy after much soul-searching and mental-
twisting-of-hands, without bringing up the more interesting
possibility.

"The grave is a mutant's only lasting sanctuary."