[net.comics] Responses to Carl Rigney

boyajian@akov68.DEC (Jerry Boyajian) (11/06/84)

It's a shame that Carl has gone off to Fermilab and won't be seeing these
I'll send him a hardcopy.

> From:	uokvax!lmaher	(Carl Rigney)	[from various postings]

>> New Triumph featuring Northguard #1:
>> He gets picked because his brain waves are very close to the
>> man who was originally suppoed to use it, and tey don't want
>> to waste 6 months reprogramming it to someone else.
>> (Plot hole--what happened to the original guy?)
>
> No plot hole at all, Mike.  The original guy was shown in the
> opening pages.

You must be right. I hadn't thought of that. BUT, after reading your message,
I went back and re-read those opening pages, and there's nothing that specif-
ically *says* that that was the guy.

re: Forge's Neutralizer in IRON MAN:

> But you must have missed the panel where Rhodey *crushes* the
> device - so it looks like Tony won't get a chance to study it.
> Or at least that's how I felt the scene was meant - Rhodey's
> arrogance could someday cost the Scarlet Witch her life - if
> things get bad enough.

and Rhodey crushes it *after* they use it!

re: Deadly Midgets

> Have others noticed that the most bloodthirsty of the X-Men/Newts
> are the young women: Rachel (so she's really 34 - sue me),
> Amara, Danielle, Illyana, and possibly now Kitty are willing to
> kill if the stakes are high enough, just like Wolverine.
> Seems to me Logan could take these 5 and do some *serious* damage
> to Operation Wideawake, Shaw Industries, and Henry Peter Gyrich.
> Hey, there could even be a mini-series in this!  We could call
> it, let's see...  Wolverine and the Weasel Pack! :-)

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Maynard, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA

lmaher@uokvax.UUCP (11/26/84)

A friend was kind enough to send me a printout of Jerry's reply to my
last article, and was also kind enough to post this reply [my pleasure-ed.].
My Fermilab USMail address has been posted to net.net-people, so if anyone
wants to correspond via Snail Mail I'd love to hear from them [or send
UUCP mail to lmaher and I will forward-ed.]. Especially if they know of a
good comics shop in the Chicago area. Otherwise I'll read 3-6 months worth upon my return (and review them at a single sitting! |-) ).

Re Northguard:  The company man mentions the plane crash later on to the
boy, as an indication of the stakes being played for.

It's too bad if Tony Stark already examined the device, it makes Rhodey's
action much less tragic. Does this mean Tony and Forge are going to
someday get into a battle of invention and counterinvention?

	Carl Rigney, President of the Deadly Midget Fan Club
	Somewhere in Illinois