[net.comics] my CRISIS speculation

boyajian@akov68.DEC (02/19/85)

> From:	homxb!disc	(SJ Berry)

> It seems that this (Jerry's) scenario is predicated on the
> assumption that once all these changes take place, it will
> be as if THERE NEVER WERE ANY OTHER EARTHS.  Is this a valid
> assumption?

This is what *I've* been assuming. At least, it's what I've inferred
from everything that's been said by DC about it.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Maynard, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA

mt528@uiucuxa.UUCP (02/21/85)

I think that's going a bit far...

They almost certainly cannot kill off Earth-2, considering that at least 2
 of their books are set there (one in the 80's), so that one'll stick,
 certainly.  And, because there are infinite Earths, there will always
 be the possibility of finding one that wasn't destroyed by the
 antimatter.  Meanwhile, Earth-Prime had better not be destroyed (otherwise
 we're all in trouble), Earth-1 won't be destroyed (hard to set your
 comics on a nonexistent Earth), and I also guess that Earth-X won't
 be destroyed... Thomas seems to have a fondness for the Freedom Fighters.

Meanwhile, though, I'm downright *glad* they're getting rid of such failures
 as Earth-3 (but I'm also glad that they made it interesting by having
 Luthor's son rocketed to Earth-1) and Earth-S (at least, I hope they get
 rid of Earth-S.  Put Captain Marvel on some other Earth... maybe even
 1 or 2.  And get rid of the stupid Earths containing Hoppy, the
 Wonder Bunny, and Captain Carrot, etc.

There were just too many earths altogether.  Everytime somebody looked
 around and saw something strange, you could tell what they would say
 next: "I must be on a parallel world!"  I, for one, am sick of it
 and am glad that they've finally cleaned out the gutter, so to speak.

I'm fairly certain they'll keep 3 or 4 Earths around for good measure (and
 for storyline possibilities), but the rest can go.  I'm tired of having
 people constantly discovering Earth-4 or Earth-312 or anything.

Thank goodness!

And thank you, Marv Wolfman!