[net.comics] Darkseid

boyajian@akov68.DEC (06/08/85)

> From: fluke!moriarty	(Jeff Meyer)

>>What *have* Darkseid and High-Father been up to while this was
>>going on, anyway?

> Aren't they going to answer this in a future issue?  I have to admit, a
> classic 70's Kirby Darkseid would be great, but it looks like no one at DC
> is willing and/or able to come up with one.  I'm getting tired of seeing him
> carted out when DC needs a Dr. Doom clone for the general public (which is
> why I love these Ambush Bug closings so much!).

(1) I don't know if Marv is going to answer my question in a future issue,
but the Anti-Monitor did make a reference to Darkseid and that he was going
to deal with him at ome later point.

(2) Actually, it's not true that *no one* at DC can handle Darkseid the way
he should be handled. In general, I thought that the Englehart/Rogers &
Gerber/Golden issues of MR. MIRACLE were fairly good, and the Levitz/Giffen
"Great Darkness Saga" in LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES was *outstanding* (except
for a rather weak ending.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Maynard, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA
   soon to be:
	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.COM