[net.comics] Crisis #1-7

boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) (06/25/85)

> From:	petfe!evan

> P.S. Any predictions as to who makes it and who doesn't?  (Obviously
> Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are relatively safe.  Anyone else?)

I've been having bad feelings about Batman. Despite his licensing potential
and his popularity as a character, consider these points:

(1) Both BATMAN and DETECTIVE sell less than 100,000 copies per month.

(2) In the ads for the Baxter edition of THE OUTSIDERS, they mention that
they're moving to a new town (they won't be in Gotham), there'll be a new
member, and Batman is not seen in the ad at all.

This doesn't mean that Batman's going Snuff City (I'm not sure that DC has
got the balls for that), but I'm *not* so confident about his future. I
think this has more to do with how qualitatively successful CRISIS is than
anything else.  I mean, these guys are *serious*, man, and that I would
even *consider* the possibility that they'll kill off Batman is unnerving.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Maynard, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA
   soon to be:
	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.COM