[net.comics] Secret Wars III

argo@hou2a.UUCP (W.GARRETT) (06/28/85)

	Yes, that's right!  Not satisfied with current sales, Marvel is now
planning the release of Secret Wars III, written by every one's favorite
"writer," Jim Shooter.

	In this series, a new ultra-cosmic being, the In-Betweener, comes in to
view.  His first act is to senselessly destroy the Beyonder, who had retreated
peacefully into his universe.  The Beyonder remains alive, but seperated from
his power, which he manages to direct to earth.

	The story deals with the effect this power has as it enters various
heroes and villains, making them far more powerful.  The Beyonder, now a
normal human, travels around trying to get this issue's inheritors to use
the power to defeat the evil In-Betweener.  Shooter has promised massive
changes in almost all Marvel characters as a result.

	By the way, all of the above is a complete joke, it has not happened,
and with luck never will.  However, it does sound like something Marvel would
do, doesn't it?

							Contact Has Been Made,
							Andrew Garrett

		World War II was the last government program that worked.

In article <543@hou2a.UUCP> argo@hou2a.UUCP (W.GARRETT) writes:
>	Yes, that's right!  Not satisfied with current sales, Marvel is now
>planning the release of Secret Wars III, written by every one's favorite
>"writer," Jim Shooter.
>
>	In this series, a new ultra-cosmic being, the In-Betweener, comes in to
>view.  ...

I'm glad you said it was a joke.  I was getting worried!  BUT ...
Please reassure me that you have been tested for ESP and came out
neither extraordinarily high nor low.  Because the character, the
In-Betweener,   d o e s  exist. ...

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy@seismo.{ARPA,UUCP}
--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy@seismo.{ARPA,UUCP}