[net.comics] Sensor Girl/Supergirl/????

boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) (07/18/85)

> From: 54124tm@hou2f.UUCP (A.SOONG)

>	I just purchased the newest issue of the Legion of Superheroes and
>	I was intrigued by the appearance of a masked Sensor Girl.  She
>	became a member	of the group at the rec0mmendation of Saturn Girl
>	who said something like "If anyone deserves to be in she does."
>	This is reminiscent of the maneuver pull by Dream Girl when she
>	rejoined the Legion.
>
>	I have been thinking it over during the weekend and I've concluded
>	that this Sensor Girl could be..........SUPERGIRL.
>
>	Evidence (admittedly circumstantial)
>
>	1.  Saturn Girl's comments.
>	2.  Sensor Girl's body (statuesque blonde)
>
>	(3) DC's hate of killing off major characters.

Old farts like me may remember Sir Prize and Miss Terious...

This has occurred to me, too, except that Marv Wolfman swears up and down
that Kara is dead, gone, pining for the fjords, pushing up daisies. singing
with the choir invisible. Another piece of circumstantial evidence might
be the fact that there were intimations in the LEGION letter columns that
they might bring Supergirl up to the 30th Century permanently and re-spark
her relationship with Brainiac 5.
	But another thought just occurred to me...

Consider Wolfman's stated reason for killing off Supergirl --- they want
to return to the concept of Superman being the *only* survivor of Krypton.
Well, that means that not only does Kara Zor-El have to go, but Kara Zor-L
as well. Think of how Brainy will flip out if he finds out that Sensor Girl
is really...

... Power Girl???

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA

bobh@pedsgd.UUCP (Bob Halloran) (07/19/85)

In article <3166@decwrl.UUCP> boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) writes:
>Consider Wolfman's stated reason for killing off Supergirl --- they want
>to return to the concept of Superman being the *only* survivor of Krypton.

Given the recent items in here asking about Kandor, has anyone else given
thought to Kandor's alternate dimension getting demolished during the
Crisis?  Or all those Kryptonian baddies in the Phantom Zone?  (They need
to leave that around to remove Mon-El from.)

And while we're in the 30th century, how about Dev-Em's appearences in
LEGION recently?  Or does a thousand-year separation get him off the
hook?

						Bob Halloran
						Sr MTS, Perkin-Elmer DSG
UUCP: {ihnp4, decvax, ucbvax}!vax135!petsd!pedsgd!bobh
USPS: 106 Apple St M/S 305, Tinton Falls NJ 07724
DDD: (201) 758-7000
Disclaimer: My opinions are mine alone.
Quote: "No matter where you go, there you are" - B. Banzai