[net.comics] CRISIS & SECRET WARS effects

boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) (07/20/85)

> From: jsdy@hadron.UUCP (Joseph S. D. Yao)

> In article <2878@decwrl.UUCP> boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) writes:
>>But for me, what makes CRISIS superior to SECRET WARS is that I *care*
>>what happens in the series, to the characters. And not only is CRISIS making
>>changes, but they'll be *permanent* changes. How many of the changes from
>>SECRET WARS has lasted? Peter and Kitty are still estranged and She-Hulk is
>>still in the FF and Thing isn't. Big fat hairy deal.

> Ummm ... look at your 2d last X-Men (Murderworld).  Petey and Kitty
> are getting back together.  Look at your last FF.  Jen is (temporarily,
> at least) out of it.  (*sigh*)

Well, I never expected the changes resulting from SECRET WARS to be
permanent. The two I pointed out are the only examples of changes that
are still in effect (since Spider-Man now uses an imitation of his black
outfit, and only part-time, I don't feel that that counts for much).
	And while Peter and Kitty are no longer avoiding each other like
the plague, their relationship is hardly back to the way it used to be.
they may have decided to becomes friends again, but I'm not sure how long
it'll take them to become lovers (emotionally, not physically) again, if
indeed they ever do.
	And while Jenny may be having her problems in the Microverse, she
is *still* a solid member of the FF, and will be staying that way for at
*least* a year. From what I've heard, the Thing will be the new surprise
member of the West Coast Avengers. The AMAZING HEROES PREVIEW SPECIAL #1
mentions, in the entry on FF, that the Thing will make a re-appearance in
FF #296, but nothing is said about whether he'll rejoin. Quite frankly, I
was never that found of the Thing, and I like the way that Byrne is handling
Jenny, so the current status quo is fine by me.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA