[net.comics] FF & Hulk

boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) (07/20/85)

> From: dub@pur-phy.UUCP (Paul Simmington)

> 	I must speak to someone about the eventual termination of
> Sue Richards.  The "What If..." story about Sue dying has finally come
> to pass.  The long and awaited funeral with all her friends has finally
> come to pass.  I would however like to point out that this means that
> Reed and Johnny will have extra duties in the training of Franklin.
> It may be even the right opportunity to have Ben reappear in the FF.

Hunh? Did I miss something or what? I knew I was a tad behind in my
reading, but I'm a bit more on the ball than this. What the hell are you
talking about?

>	I would also like to comment about the Hulk and Langowski.
> There might be a possibility that Langowski and Banner could join
> forces and give intelligence back to the Hulk.  In that way, both
> would give a new spark and still neither would die, (SPOILER COMING UP)
> (backwards for those who don't want to read it) ega levram ni dloterof sa.
>	Is this more significant then having the two individuals
> fight for control of the Hulk and having one character die?

According to Byrne in AHPS #1, Banner and the Hulk will become separate
entities. Whether that means that Langkowski's persona will be trapped
inside the Hulk or not is up in the air. Langkowski's fate was not mentioned
in the Alpha Flight entry at all.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA

notch@srcsip.UUCP (Michael k Notch) (07/26/85)

I know that she will not die. John Bryne is updating her personality to the
80's. The quotation of never seening her the same again means that she will
not die but will change personalities.

Now.. it is important to realize that Bryne is going from Alpha Flight to
the Hulk and the writer/artist of the Hulk is going to Alpha Flight. Because
of this, many "goofy" things are going on to get the continuity straight for
the changeover. Because of this, I know that the Hulk will go back to the
way he was in the 60's and probably Susquatch(?) will no longer be because
the writer/artist of the Hulk like roger and his armor persona.

I hope that this clears up some questions.

--
"With great power comes great responsibilty"

Michael k Notch (The small k is on purpose)
Honeywell Inc.
2600 Ridgeway Parkway NE
Minneapoils, Minnesota 55440
SRC/SIP/MVT    MN17-2349