[net.comics] American Flagg!, Bill Wingham & The Elementals...

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (The Napoleon of Crime) (07/27/85)

I assume that if Willingham is working full time on Flagg!, we can kiss the
Elementals goodbye (unless, as Henry says, this is a method of getting The
E's into First's stable...)?  Willingham still needs some improvement before
being an even adequate replacement for Flagg (only Perez strikes me as
someone who could make the jump cleanly; Rude's style wouldn't be write, and
no one else has the precise, hard-yet-frentic style for this book).

In article <3186@decwrl.UUCP> boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) writes:
>Willingham wouldn't be my first choice, I consider him an acceptable
>substitute. Who would I pick, given my druthers? Well, I'd say (flames to
>dev/null) that FLAGG! might be a good place for Sienkiewicz's outre' style.

Stylistically, mmmm.... however, I've yet to see Sienkiewicz style able to
support humor or straight action (the Moon Knight stuff always seemed to be
figures chasing through the night...).

                "I don't like this... it was
                 too easy."
                                        "You think it was a trap, huh?"
                "NAH... It was just too easy...
                 I didn't get to shoot NEAR
                 enough people..."

        A man who has no business being
        anyone's role model  --->       Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
                                        John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
UUCP:
 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsri}!uw-beaver \
    {allegra,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,ssc-vax} -- !fluke!moriarty
ARPA:
        fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA