[net.comics] Supergirl clones

boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) (08/09/85)

> From:	fluke!moriarty	(Jeff Meyer)

> On the other hand, back in the old days of the DC/Kirby alliance, didn't
> S.T.A.R. (or some other then legitimate-and-scientific organization) clone a
> whole bunch of superheroes?  Seems most of them were minature, but I seem to
> remember a Supergirl one that was full size.  Of course, I may be totally
> gah-gah (we senile old farts do that, ya know), and mixing up Gwen Stacy
> clones simply because Jim Mooney drew both of them...

It wasn't S.T.A.R., but the DNA Project, and yes, they created miniature
clones of some of the (old) JLA members in LOIS LANE #111 (funny thing,
the mind). I don't recall a Supergirl clone in that bunch, nor anywhere
else, for that matter, though there was bound to have been one somewhere
along the line. At any rate, Jim Mooney wasn't drawing Supergirl at that
time (not since the early to middle 60's) --- I don't recall if he was
inking SPIDER-MAN during the Gwen Stacy clone business. I suppose I could
look it up in the SPIDER-MAN INDEX, but I'm too lazy (I don't really care
much, actually).

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA