[net.comics] Batman & Catwoman

boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) (08/27/85)

> From:	gasarch@harvard.ARPA (W* I* Gasarch)

> Batman- Catwomen
>	If instead of demanding that the villian hate the hero, we demand that
> there be a strange (interesing) relationship, then this is a good matchup.
> I know they got married on one of the earths, and both died, but on the earth
> that she is alive, does she know his identity.?

Yes, the Earth-1 Catwoman does know that Batman is Bruce Wayne. In BATMAN #355,
she called him Bruce while he was in his Batman costume. He didn't acknowledge
the slip in any way, so I don't know if he just wasn't surprised or didn't
realize it at the time. I find it odd that in last month's DETECTIVE (or was
it last month's BATMAN?) he blindfolded her before bringing her to the Batcave,
if he knows that she knows he's Bruce Wayne.
	Oh, and before anyone brings it up, her calling Batman Bruce wasn't a
slip on Moench's part since the story revolved around Catwoman's jealousy
towards Vicki Vale, for whom he never showed any interest as Batman. And yet,
she was accusing Batman.
	Everyone seems to have forgotten that Gordon also knows Bruce Wayne is
Batman. there was a back feature story some years back in which Gordon was,
for some reason I forget, wandering around Wayne Manor and stumbled across the
entrance to the Batcave behind the grandfather clock. I've looked through my
collection, but I can't find the specific issue. I've got some gaps from when
I sold off a bunch of comics, so that might have been one of them. On the
other hand, the recent issue, in which Gordon mentions to Bullock that he's
known that Robin isn't the original might indicate that Moench is aware that
Gordon knows.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (The Napoleon of Crime) (08/29/85)

In article <164@decwrl.UUCP> boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) writes:

>Yes, the Earth-1 Catwoman does know that Batman is Bruce Wayne. In BATMAN
>#355, she called him Bruce while he was in his Batman costume. He didn't
>acknowledge the slip in any way, so I don't know if he just wasn't surprised
>or didn't realize it at the time. I find it odd that in last month's
>DETECTIVE (or was it last month's BATMAN?) he blindfolded her before
>bringing her to the Batcave, if he knows that she knows he's Bruce Wayne.

That does seem unusual, as I remember in the last #00 issue of Batman or
Detective (the one where Killer Croc and every Batman villain from here to
Toledo are trying to kill the Caped C) that Catwoman and Talia both find the
Batcave on their own (and at the end, Bruce packs 'em both up in an
automobile and sends them away -- I imagine he brought them up through the
grandfather clock).  However, I haven't been reading Batman stories for a
while, so I'm not to him on this...

>	Everyone seems to have forgotten that Gordon also knows Bruce Wayne is
>Batman. there was a back feature story some years back in which Gordon was,
>for some reason I forget, wandering around Wayne Manor and stumbled across the
>entrance to the Batcave behind the grandfather clock. I've looked through my
>collection, but I can't find the specific issue. I've got some gaps from when
>I sold off a bunch of comics, so that might have been one of them. On the
>other hand, the recent issue, in which Gordon mentions to Bullock that he's
>known that Robin isn't the original might indicate that Moench is aware that
>Gordon knows.

Jeez, that IS a surprise, though I thought this would probably happen
sometime, as Gordon has made hints over the years that he had deduced it.

        "I've always hated that sign and all it's cheap film noir symbolism."

                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
ARPA: fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA
UUCP: {uw-beaver, sun, allegra, sb1, lbl-csam}!fluke!moriarty