[net.comics] Superhypocrite

boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) (10/09/85)

> From:	uiucdcs!mcewan	(Scott McEwan)

> (By the way, am I the only one who thinks that Superman
> is the world's mightiest hypocrite? I mean, the guy has this big "oath against
> killing" that prevents him from killing even microbes, but he has no qualms
> against destroying intelligent, sentient beings who happen to be artificially
> created, or even naturally evolved beings who don't happen to fit his narrow
> definition of "life".)

I've long questioned the fact that Superman would not kill microbes, but has
no compunction at all about uprooting trees and using them as baseball bats
or otherwise splintering them for whatever reason.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA