[net.comics] Epic insanity

m1b@rayssd.UUCP (M. Joseph Barone) (10/04/85)

	The Comics Buyer's Guide dated October 11 ran an article
on Epic's imminent cancellations.  Starstruck will end with issue
#6, Timespirits with #8, and Sisterhood of Steel with issue #8.
To quote:
	"The titles are creator-owned projects and will
	not necessarily be terminated, but these issues
	are their last from the Marvel Comics Group."

	I infer from this that:  first, the plots probably
won't be wrapped up.  Second, it seems the Marvel doesn't
like to share profits, even if they didn't generate them!
Third, these people must be crazy to cancel these titles!
Why oh why would they cancel these excellent books?  Is
Shooter the Editor-in-Chief of the Epic line as well?

	I only hope that one of the independents pick up
at least Starstruck and Timespirits.

Joe Barone,	{allegra, decvax!brunix, linus, ccice5}!rayssd!m1b
Raytheon Co,	Submarine Signal Div., Box 330, Portsmouth, RI  02871

yoshida@hpfcla.UUCP (10/11/85)

At 1:38 pm on Oct  4, 1985, rayssd!m1b writes:

>	The Comics Buyer's Guide dated October 11 ran an article
>on Epic's imminent cancellations.  Starstruck will end with issue
>#6, Timespirits with #8, and Sisterhood of Steel with issue #8.
>
>Joe Barone,	{allegra, decvax!brunix, linus, ccice5}!rayssd!m1b
>Raytheon Co,	Submarine Signal Div., Box 330, Portsmouth, RI  02871
>/* ---------- */

Aarrgghhhhhh!  What are these fools  doing?  If what Mr.  Barone says is
true, this is truly a tragedy.  It seems that Marvel doesn't know a good
thing  when  they've  got it in their  laps!  The  cancellation  of Epic
Comics  is quite a  disappointment.  What am I going  to do now?  Will I
have to start reading the usual drivel these guys put out?  Okay, so I'm
getting a bit  caustic...But  Lord  knows  Marvel  deserves  it.  Archie
Goodwin  should  tell Jim Shooter to stuff it and then go over to one of
the Independents and take with him all the Epic titles.

Sorry if I offended  anyone with my snide  remarks  about Marvel and Jim
Shooter, but I'M MAD!

[One can hear the  sound of feet  stomping  off into the  distance...and
 then a far away  voice,  still  quite  angry,  shouts:  "Hey--MORIARTY!
 Take 'Em to Court,  will ya'?!!  I want Judge  Moriarty  Wapner on this
 one!  I want  justice,  do ya' hear me!?  Justice........!"...footsteps
 and stomping slowly fade away.]

Stuart Yoshida
UUCP: ...ihnp4!hpfcla!hpfclh!yoshida

scott@hou2g.UUCP (Colonel'K) (10/16/85)

> Sorry if I offended  anyone with my snide  remarks  about Marvel and Jim
> Shooter, but I'M MAD!

I can't imagine ANYONE who reads this group (or has any
shred of intelligence) feeling offended at snide remarks
about Shooter.  I'd feel offended if you DIDN'T make
such remarks...

			"That green-blooded son-of-a-bitch.  It's
			 his way of getting back at me for all
 			 those arguments he lost."

				Scott J. Berry
				ihnp4!hou2g!scott