[net.comics] Superman

rrw@ccice1.UUCP (Rick Wessman) (10/19/85)

I have a question: If Superman is REALLY the last survivor of
Krypton, what are they going to do with Power Girl? I think
that she survived the Crisis. I don't have #11 at hand, so I'm not
sure.

I know that the Superman of E-2 is going off into space. I hope that
they will keep Power Girl, because she's everything that Supergirl
was not.

			Rick Wessman
			rochester!ccice5!ccice2!rrw

jagardner@watmath.UUCP (Jim Gardner) (10/24/85)

In article <373@ccice1.UUCP> rrw@ccice1.UUCP (Rick Wessman) writes:
>I have a question: If Superman is REALLY the last survivor of
>Krypton, what are they going to do with Power Girl?

Here's an idea...suppose that Power Girl just THINKS she's from
Krypton.  See, she was a normal human being, but when Krypton
exploded, a cosmic entity we'll call the Kryptix was released.
The Kryptix possessed the body of Power Girl and made her think
that she's from Krypton, and also gave her Kryptonian powers.

Wait, how about this?  She didn't get her pseudo-Kryptonian
powers immediately but had to go into a cocoon for a while at
the bottom of Metropolis harbour.  So this is why Superman
started out before her and why she's younger than he is, because
she was in the cocoon all that time.

And what broke open the cocoon was gamma rays.  I don't know
why, but that's how it happened.

				Jim Gardner, University of Waterloo