[net.comics] Does anyone remember Superman and Batman Jr.????

armstron@sjuvax.UUCP (L. Armstrong) (10/03/85)

*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH THE SON OF YOUR FAVORITE SUPERHERO ***

	I seem to remember a few years back a few stories about Superman and
Batman Jr.  who were supposed to be the sons of Supes and Batman.  They wore
the same costumes, but just looked slightly younger. In particular, I
remember a "World's Finest" story which highlighted Superman, Batman, and their
sons, and another story where Batman Jr. and Robin fought over who would
be Batman's succesor.  Does anyone else remember this, and if so, in what
Earth did these characters live?  How do the fit in with the rest of the D.C.
Universe?

--

NAME		Len Armstrong
UUCP		{astrovax | bpa | burdvax | allegra }!sjuvax!armstron

neutron@hpfcla.UUCP (10/06/85)

sjuvax!armstron says:

>> 	I seem to remember a few years back a few stories about Superman and
>> Batman Jr.  who were supposed to be the sons of Supes and Batman.
>> Does anyone else remember this, and if so, in what Earth did these
>> characters live?  How do the fit in with the rest of the D.C. Universe?

I remember them too.  Nearly every issue said: "NOT a hoax!  NOT a dream!
NOT an imaginary story!".  They turned out to be computer extrapolations
produced by Superman's computer in the Fortress of Solitude.

						-Jack Applin
						 NOT a hoax!
						 NOT a dream!
						 NOT an imaginary story!
						 NOT a computer fabrication!
						 NOT an alternate universe!

acsgjjp@sunybcs.UUCP (Jim Poltrone) (10/24/85)

[Cerebus vs. the Beyonder -- put your money on the aardvark!]

> 	I seem to remember a few years back a few stories about Superman and
> Batman Jr.  who were supposed to be the sons of Supes and Batman.  They wore
> the same costumes, but just looked slightly younger....
>
> NAME		Len Armstrong

I remember one of their stories from Action Comics (I forgot the number,
the issue's at home) where Supes Jr. and Batman Jr. are competing against
each other, and Superman is hindering his son's progress.  Later, they
visit Kandor for the son's birthday, and Supes can't defeat an animal he
encounters because he had siphoned all his power to his son (metal bracelets
and gold kryptonite had a role), and the son has to save his dad.  The
last frame has Supes Jr. flying and holding his dad, and Supes is saying
something like "I'll be on the sidelines now, cheering you on".

Jerry, perhaps you can name the issue faster than I.  I think the title
was "The Shame of the Super-Son", or something like that.

--
  ____  ^  ____
 |_  _|/ \|_  _|              Jim Poltrone (a/k/a Poltr1,

In article <2432@sunybcs.UUCP> acsgjjp@sunybcs.UUCP (Jim Poltrone) writes:
>> 	I seem to remember a few years back a few stories about Superman and
>> Batman Jr.  who were supposed to be the sons of Supes and Batman.  They wore
>> the same costumes, but just looked slightly younger....
>> NAME		Len Armstrong

There were a number of these (~6-10?).  In the last one, it was
"revealed" that they had all been holographic projections from
a computer programmed to project future possibilities, and had
been being viewed by S&B.
--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy@seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}