[net.comics] comics lists

boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) (11/07/85)

> From:	sjuvax!armstrong	(Len Armstrong)

> ... Let's here what
> subject, character, villian, etc.  that you -- the readers of net.comics --
> would like to see in your favorite place to buy comics....
>
> I'll start off... just to get thing rolling.
>
> 1.  I'd like to see an old favorite of mine... Zorro!  Having him in turn of
>     the century California would be great, but there's also another idea I've
>     had floating around in my head for a little while now.
>     Since Zorro always seems to have sons, grandsons, etc... why not have a
>     modern day Diego de la Vega who has found his great^5 grandfather's
>     original costume... makes some 1985 enhancements to it... and goes out to
>     once again give to the people what is rightfully theirs!

PLEASE!! Don't make me ill. I am a Zorro fan nonpareil. I was weaned on the
Disney series (I have most of them on tape now), I have watched most of the
film versions, I have read the old Dell/Gold Key comics, I've been collecting
the pulps containing the original stories by Johnston McCulley.

The concept of updating Zorro to 1985 and making him yet another superhero
(even non-powered) is enough to induce nausea. I would certainly like to see
Zorro in a comic again, but it would have to be set in the proper time and
space. As a matter of fact, Eclipse announced early this year that they had
plans for a Zorro comic (at the same time, Bantam Books announced that they
were planning on reprinting the original Zorro novels), but I haven't heard
a word since (about either project).

As for other choices of mine, well, Comico has already announced something
that I'd like to see in a comic --- Jonny Quest. They haven't picked the
creative team for it, but since Doug ("Rio") Wildey was responsible for the
cartoon show, wouldn't it be great if he could do the comic as well?
	Secondly, I always thought that The Destroyer (Remo Williams, not
Odin's robot or Drax) would make a good comic book character if handled right.
I'm not sure who I'd trust to write it though.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}
	!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.DEC.COM