[net.comics] The Dreaded Halcyon Hoop

neutron@hpfcla.UUCP (11/05/85)

In the latest MEGATON MAN (5 or 6) the villian, "The Quantum Leaper"
points out that his sidekick, "Ms. Sub-Atomic Particle" wields the
dreaded "Halcyon Hoop".  The only definitions I can find for "halcyon"
are a bird or a set of days around the Vernal Equinox, neither of which
makes sense here.  I expected it to be some technical term in physics.
Any ideas?

							-Jack Applin

In article <29300015@hpfclg.UUCP> neutron@hpfcla.UUCP writes:
>dreaded "Halcyon Hoop".  The only definitions I can find for "halcyon"
>are a bird or a set of days around the Vernal Equinox, neither of which
>makes sense here.  I expected it to be some technical term in physics.

It sounds like some kind of sub-atomic particule, doesn't it?
Probably why it was used.  I'm surprised at your dictionary,
because it seems to me that the most common use for it these
days is a derivation from the idea of spring days, and means
lazy, slow, happy-go-lucky times (or something with a similar
feeling).
--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy@seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}