[net.comics] Mr. X

brad@looking.UUCP (Brad Templeton) (11/19/85)

In article <3512@pur-ee.UUCP> hsut@pur-ee.UUCP (Bill Hsu) writes:

>MR. X #5
>
>	While I agree with Jeff that Mr. X has lost a lot of its unique
>look after the departure of the Hernandez brothers, I still enjoyed
>this one, with Dean Motter piling on the red herrings and false
>identities. So is Mr. X Walter Eichmann or Pierre Radiquet or neither?
>Is Eichmann dead? Is Radiquet dead? Who actually died? Ugh... Anyway,
Mr. X doesn't quite know himself who he is...
>is this Klaus Schonefeld who does the coloring a real person? Even
>the coloring looks different from the first four issues, with lighter
>shades and more pastels in place of the earlier merciless blacks with
>tiny dots of light.

Yes Klaus exists.  He also draws Kelvin Mace.  Mostly he works as an
expensive commercial artist doing ads and storyboards.  He drew the mags
for the fun of it.  He, Ty Templeton and Kevin Carroll shared a house
together until recently.  Ty is also now writing Mr. X, but that may
not continue for long since things aren't going so well at Vortex.
STIG'S INFERNO #5 is done but may not see publication via Vortex unless
certain sums are paid.

>in the editorial of Mr. X #4 was that the brothers were not getting paid
>all the money they were promised. It's too bad the bros. did such a
>magnificent job and got screwed instead.

Quite likely to be true.

--
Brad Templeton, Looking Glass Software Ltd. - Waterloo, Ontario 519/884-7473