[net.comics] Maddy Pryor

boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) (11/07/85)

> From:	cvl!kayuucee

> 	As a side question does anyone know the month and year publication
> dates for Avengers Annual #10, X-Men 137 and whatever issue Madelyn Pryor
> first appeared? I could find out from my collection, but it would take 2
> days to get to my Avengers. I want to find out once and for all whether or
> not 5 year old "Maddy" could be Scott's blushing bride.

Well, I'm too lazy to look through my collection to get the specific cover
dates for those issues, but I can set your mind at ease anyways. I asked
Claremont about it at some convention or other (probably a World Fantasy Con,
since I haven't been to a comics con in quite some time), and he said that
there is no connection between the little girl named Maddy Pryor in AVENGERS
ANNUAL #10 and Scott's wife. He said that when he came up with the current
Maddy, he had forgotten that he had already used the name in AA #10.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}
	!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.DEC.COM

salley@canisius.UUCP (David Salley) (11/20/85)

	Madeline Pryor's "first" appearance was in Avengers Annual #10.
A little eight year old girl introduces herself to beast with, "Hi, I'm
Maddy Pryor."

	About six months later, Scott means Madeline Pryor as a adult
woman.  I spent quite some time trying to figure if little Maddy had been
"time-zapped" a la Colossus's sister Magik.

	Still later I discovered that the lead female singer of "Steel
Eye Span" is Madeline Prior!  Does anybody know if both/either of the
Pryors were "hellos" to the rock group?  This could explain the age
discontinuity.

PS : Paragraph 2, Line 1 should be 'meets' not 'means'

					David P. Salley
						-)------

"Think of it as evolution in action"  -- Oath of Fealty

Unix net : ...!seismo!rochester!rocksanne!sunybcs!canisius!salley
USnail   : 49 Barry Place, Buffalo, New York 14213
*	DISCLAIMER : "... as usual Mr. Phelps, should you or any of your      *
*	IMF  force be caught or killed,  the secretary will disavow  any      *
*	knowledge of your actions.  This tape will self-destruct in five      *
*				- Mission Impossible			      *
					David P. Salley
						-)------