[net.comics] DARK KNIGHT RETURNS & Other News

slrichte@uok.UUCP (12/04/85)

	        THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS and other News

     Frank Miller's series of Batman graphic novels has been put on
 the February schedule with a ship date of 2/25/86.  The following
 three issues will be issued monthly.  Each of these square-bound
 volumes will sell for $2.95.  There will also be a poster for sale.

     THE SHADOW by Howard Chaykin ships on 2/4/86.  This is a baxter
 comic selling for 1.50 and will run for four issues.

     DAKOTA NORTH by Martha Thomases and Tony Salmons is a new
 bi-monthly title from Marvel.  Dakota is an expensive security
 agent for the fashion industry.  No ship date was given for this.

     THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS is the new title for Green Lantern.
 The first issue with the new title, #201, will ship 2/25/86.
 According to Andy Helfer, Guy Gardner remain in the book, since all
 the letters he's received on the character have been positive.

     BLUE BEETLE #1 will ship 2/18/86 and is by Wein and Cullins.

     WHISPER returns in a new mando series by Grant and Dell Barras.
 The first issue of this bi-monthly series ships 2/7/86.

     ACTION COMICS to be new Superman team-up book:  With the
 cancellation of DC COMICS PRESENTS, the longest running Superman
 title will house stories in which the Man of Steel is featured
 along with another DC hero.

     SUPERMAN TO CONTINUE:  While plans still call for John Byrne
 to assume the creative duties on the new SUPERMAN title, the old
 title will continue with a slightly different name.  According to
 Andy Helfer, the title will be "Something like 'THE ADVENTURES OF
 SUPERMAN'".  That particular title will probably not be used, but
 is along the lines of what DC is looking for.
     Incidentally, Helfer has stated that not all of what John Byrne
 has said in his various interviews concerning Superman is final.

     BLACK LIGHTNING to star in a four-issue mini-series by Tony
 Isabella and an unnamed artist, with Trevor Von Eeden given as
 a possibility.  This will probably come out in the summer.

     ELEKTRA mini-series to ship in late spring or early summer.
 This book will be followed by the DAREDEVIL graphic novel.

     I've found out a little about the shipping schedule
 for Sparta during Christmas and New Year's if it is of any
 interest to you.  The comics are usually released from Sparta
 Wednesday nights at midnight.  Since the holidays fall on
 Wednesday this year, the books will be released 15 hours later,
 at 3:00 pm on Thursday the 26th and 2nd respectively.
 What this means is that comic shops which air-freight their
 comics in should get them Thursday evening or Friday morning,
 although the holiday rush on shipping may delay delivery by both
 air-freight and UPS.

					Steve Richter
					slrichte@uok.UUCP

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (The Napoleon of Crime) (12/09/85)

In article <11900079@uok.UUCP> slrichte@uok.UUCP writes:
>     THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS is the new title for Green Lantern.
> The first issue with the new title, #201, will ship 2/25/86.
> According to Andy Helfer, Guy Gardner remain in the book, since all
> the letters he's received on the character have been positive.

Hmmm... positive responses about Guy Gardner?  Perhaps Rambo-itis has set in
farther than I thought...

>     BLACK LIGHTNING to star in a four-issue mini-series by Tony
> Isabella and an unnamed artist, with Trevor Von Eeden given as
> a possibility.  This will probably come out in the summer.

This should be good -- I'm glad to see that DC is using Isabella for
mini-series, which is seems to be an appropriate writer for.

                        "There was an interesting development in the
                         CBS-Westmoreland trial: both sides agreed that
                         after the trial, Andy Rooney would be allowed to
                         talk to the jury for three minutes about little
                         things that annoyed him during the trial."
                                                -- David Letterman

                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
ARPA: fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA
UUCP: {uw-beaver, sun, allegra, sb6, lbl-csam}!fluke!moriarty