[net.comics] Wonder Woman

ralphw@ius2.cs.cmu.edu (Ralph Hyre) (12/04/85)

In article <365@pedsgd.UUCP> bobh@pedsgd.UUCP (Bob Halloran) writes:
>In article <993@cvl.UUCP> kayuucee@cvl.UUCP (Kenneth W. Crist Jr.) writes:
>>Wonder Woman ... is going to be brought back in ... Volume Two, Number One.
>
>Well, I for one want to see how they bring back (presumably) Wonder Woman-1
>after CRISIS #12.  WW-2 and Steve Trevor have apparently been retired to
>Mt. Olympus, so I guess Hippolyta has to get the sculptor's knives back out.

But if Hippolyta does recarve a new Wonder Woman, will the Gods of Olympus
be willing to breathe life into her again?  I suspect the origin will be
redone, since Wonder Woman really doesn't exist anymore.  (De-evolved into
clay seems the same as dead to me...)

I thought Wonder Woman was cancelled due to low circulation, it seems odd
that DC would be willing to bring her back again...

					- Ralph

bobh@pedsgd.UUCP (Bob Halloran) (12/10/85)

In article <247@ius2.cs.cmu.edu> ralphw@ius2.cs.cmu.edu (Ralph Hyre) writes:
>In article <365@pedsgd.UUCP> bobh@pedsgd.UUCP (Bob Halloran) writes:
>>Well, I for one want to see how they bring back (presumably) Wonder Woman-1
>>after CRISIS #12.  WW-2 and Steve Trevor have apparently been retired to
>>Mt. Olympus, so I guess Hippolyta has to get the sculptor's knives back out.
>
>I thought Wonder Woman was cancelled due to low circulation, it seems odd
>that DC would be willing to bring her back again...

Since they've planned a mini-series for next year to be called "The
Legend of Wonder Woman", I have to assume they are bringing her back.
Besides, what would DC call their Wonder Women Awards? :-) :-)

					Bob Halloran
					Sr MTS, CONCURRENT Computer Corp
					(a Perkin-Elmer company)
UUCP: {decvax, ucbvax, most Action Central}!vax135\
		       	 {pesnta, topaz, princeton}!petsd!pedsgd!bobh
USPS: 106 Apple St M/S 305, Tinton Falls NJ 07724	DDD: (201) 758-7000
Disclaimer: I doubt that my employer wants anything to do with my opinions.
Quote: "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro..." -- Hunter Thompson