[net.comics] Mark Badger and American Flagg

frankr@inmet.UUCP (12/01/85)

I just heard a rumor that Mark Badger (Gargoyle, Doc Strange, Greenberg the
Vampire) will be the new permanet artist for American Flagg. Can anyone
out there verify this?

Franklin Reynolds

rs@mirror.UUCP (12/06/85)

I heard that Bill Willingham was originally set to replace Chaykin, but
he could not meet the schedule.  Joe Staton is now doing the art.
Chaykin has the scripts -- and cover art-- finished through #32.

Does anyone know anything Chaykin's new project, Times\superscript{2}
(Times**2?)?  All I heard is that it's due in early 1986 and is supposed
to be very "new" or "new wave."

--
Rich $alz	{mit-eddie, ihnp4!inmet, wjh12, cca, datacube}!mirror!rs
Mirror Systems	2067 Massachusetts Avenue  Cambridge, MA, 02140

frankr@inmet.UUCP (12/07/85)

I originally heard that Joe Stanton was going to be the new "permanet" American
Flagg artist. That is why I was a little skeptical when the Mark Badger rumor
surfaced. Howver, the source of the MB rumor is Chris Warner, an artist working
at Marvel. Warner and Badger are very good friends.

If the Badger rumor is accurate then perhaps Joe Staton changed his mind or
something.

Actually, I hope the rumor is true I think Badger is better suited to American
Flagg than Stanton.

Franklin Reynolds
ihnp4!inmet!frankr

roger@celtics.UUCP (Roger Klorese) (12/11/85)

In article <3200011@mirror.UUCP> rs@mirror.UUCP writes:

>I heard that Bill Willingham was originally set to replace Chaykin, but
>he could not meet the schedule.  Joe Staton is now doing the art.
>Chaykin has the scripts -- and cover art-- finished through #32.
>
>Does anyone know anything Chaykin's new project, Times\superscript{2}
>(Times**2?)?  All I heard is that it's due in early 1986 and is supposed
>to be very "new" or "new wave."
>
>--
>Rich $alz	{mit-eddie, ihnp4!inmet, wjh12, cca, datacube}!mirror!rs
>Mirror Systems	2067 Massachusetts Avenue  Cambridge, MA, 02140
>Telephone:	6,176,610,777

Staton is doing only three issues, to get the book on track.  Them Marc
Badger takes over.

Times**2 will be a series of approximately-every-five-months graphic novels
in a more city-detective vein than Flagg.
--
 ... "What were you expecting, rock'n'roll?"

Roger B.A. Klorese
Celerity Computing, 40 Speen St., Framingham, MA 01701, (617) 872-1772
UUCP: seismo!harvard!bu-cs!celtics!roger
ARPA: celtics!roger@bu-cs.ARPA

mcewan@uiucdcs.CS.UIUC.EDU (12/13/85)

Staton stated in a letter to CBG that he was only hired to do 3 issues of
American Flagg!, and he was NEVER supposed to be the permanent artist.

			Scott McEwan
			{ihnp4,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!mcewan

"Hi Ed. I'm a Hogno tribesman from Outer Mongolia. I build yurts for a
living, I'm married and I have three wonderful children. Hulagu is 13, the
twins, Genghis and Kalmuck, are 6, and I'm ready to win some BIG BUCKS!"