      SECRET ORIGINS, DC's revived origin series, is set to begin
 with the tale of the golden age Superman.  The first issue ships
 on December 17.  The following issues will contain:

         #2 Blue Beetle by Wein and Kane
	 #3 Captain Marvel by Thomas and Bingham
	 #4 Firestorm by Conway and Tuska
         #5 Crimson Avenger by Thomas and Colan
         #6 Halo by Barr and Giordano
         #7 Batman by Thomas and Rogers & Austin

 If you haven't noticed, Golden Age characters are alternating with
 new creations.

      HOOKEY, Berni Wrightson's Spidey graphic novel, is now set to
 ship on January 14, so....

      MARADA, by Claremont and Bolton, will now ship December 10.
 This reprints, in color, the first Marada adventure from Epic.

     THE SILVER SURFER by Lee & Pollard is the latest graphic novel
 from Marvel.  This is set to ship on March 4, 1986.

      THE LAST GALACTUS STORY Special is to be published in 1986.
 This will presumeably reprint the story from Epic.

      ACTIVATORS #1, the major new Marvel title that fandom has been
 speculating about, (that's a joke, son) has been indefinitely
 postponed.  (CBG ran an article which referred to "rumors of a
 major new Marvel title" and identified it as Activators...which
 is another robot toy tie-in).

      ELRIC is the latest graphic novel from First Comics.  The
 180 (!) page book will reprint the six issues printed by Pacific.
 Selling for $14.95, the book will be released this spring.

      THE ENCHANTED APPLE OF OZ is the title of the initial volume
 in a six book set of OZ graphic novels from First.  Plans call for
 the books to appear at Easter and Christmas.

      First has announced that each of their monthly titles will be
 published nine times per year starting in 1986.

      EVANGELINE has gone to Lodestone Publishing.  A $2.00 Special
 will see print in March, and will contain the material previously
 released by Comico as well as new material.  Beginning in May, a
 new series will begin containing all-new material.

      THE HOONEYMOONERS has been licensed by Lodestone.  The first
 issue is set for Spring publication.

      MARCH HARE by Giffen and Flemming will also see print in March
 (oddly enough).  This four issue series will be followed by a
 regular series.

      GINGER FOX is the title of a new graphic novel from Comico.
 Written by Mike Baron and illustrated by Mitch O'Connell, the book
 is described as "a radical departure from the traditional graphic
 novel format" by Baron.  It is set to ship in Fall, 1986.

      JUSTICE MACHINE vs THE ELEMENTALS four issue series has been
 announced by Comico for publication in 1986.  The first issue will
 feature a cover by Bill Willingham.  And speaking of the Elementals...

      THE ELEMENTALS is back on schedule, according to Comico.
 The fifth issue is scheduled for December publication.

      GRENDEL will receive his own series in summer.  The art will not
 be by Matt Wagner, but by an as yet unchosen replacement.

      SUN-RUNNERS has gone to Sirius Comics, and is being renamed
 "Tales of ...".  There will be a new #1, which recaps the issues
 published by Pacific and Eclipse.

      VOLTRON gets his (her? its?) own three issue series from
 Modern Comics in January.  All three issues are to be published
 at the same time. Are there any other giant robot toys out there
 waiting to be published?

      HERO ALLIANCE, previously announced by Sirius Comics, has been
 reannounced (there were some problems) as Hero Alliance Special to be
 published in March.  A regular series is possible.

                                     --Steve Richter

USENET:		{ihnp4,allegra!cbosgd}!okstate!uokvax!uok!slrichte

USMAIL:         S. Richter c/o Southside, 754 Asp, Norman, OK 73069

 Anybody know what happened to the CEREBUS/X-MEN team-up?  (Not that
 I really WANT such a thing....)

cdrigney@uokvax.UUCP (12/10/85)

>      GRENDEL will receive his own series in summer.  The art
> will not be by Matt Wagner, but by an as yet unchosen replacement.

GRENDEL without Wagner's art seems rather pointless, but we'll see.

>      VOLTRON gets his (her? its?) own three issue series from
> Modern Comics in January.  All three issues are to be published
> at the same time.

I believe the proper term is "their." :-)  Modern Comics should
have shown more imagination, and had 3 separate 5 issue
miniseries, each issue of which stands on its own, and all 15 of
which combine to form one mighty epic.  Too bad.

To be followed by a Robotech series, where the original issues of
three different mini-series would be fed through a blender and
pasted back together into a single maxi-series.   (Yes, I know
there is a Robotech comic book - but you could have fooled me.):-)

> Anybody know what happened to the CEREBUS/X-MEN team-up?  (Not
> that I really WANT such a thing....)

Why not?  Get the Mutant junkies to try Cerebus, and add some
excitement to the tales of an earth-pig born.

Is it about the time of year for the annual team up poll again?
If so, I'm willing to collect all entries and post a summary.
Mail them to:

		--Carl Rigney
USENET:		{ihnp4,allegra!cbosgd}!okstate!uokvax!cdrigney

"They've tried to stop me before but *this* time I was too *smart* for them!"

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (The Napoleon of Crime) (12/13/85)

In article <11900082@uok.UUCP> slrichte@uok.UUCP writes:
>      THE HOONEYMOONERS has been licensed by Lodestone.  The first
> issue is set for Spring publication.

Yes, I can't wait to see Ralph team up with The Hulk ("Alice, this guy *can*
send ya to the moon!").

                        "An anthropologist at Tulane has just come back from
                         a field trip to New Guinea with reports of a tribe
                         so primitive that they have Tide but not new Tide
                         with lemon-fresh Borax."
                                                -- David Letterman

                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
ARPA: fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA
UUCP: {uw-beaver, sun, allegra, sb6, lbl-csam}!fluke!moriarty

roger@celtics.UUCP (Roger Klorese) (12/14/85)

In article <11900117@uokvax.UUCP> cdrigney@uokvax.UUCP writes:

>>      GRENDEL will receive his own series in summer.  The art
>> will not be by Matt Wagner, but by an as yet unchosen replacement.
>
>GRENDEL without Wagner's art seems rather pointless, but we'll see.

...but it will be WRITTEN by Matt.  He's a wonderful artist, true,
but an even better writer.
--
 ... "What were you expecting, rock'n'roll?"

Roger B.A. Klorese
Celerity Computing, 40 Speen St., Framingham, MA 01701, (617) 872-1772
UUCP: seismo!harvard!bu-cs!celtics!roger
ARPA: celtics!roger@bu-cs.ARPA