[net.comics] So who is this nun, anyway?

clfisher@watrose.UUCP (CL) (12/09/85)

Ok...I'm REALLY confused ("CL, you're ALWAYS confused" - nel) ... What I want
to know is, on the 2nd to last page of DD229, there's this nun, right?  Well..
JUST WHO THE H___ IS THIS NUN PERSON, ANYWAY? (I have votes for Stick and
Weisshaupt from the room-mates but I don't believe it.) And no silly
answers like "She's the same person as in the flashback", eh? That I can
figure out for myself.

				CL

"Living without hallucinations is like breathing with only one nostril."

jagardner@watmath.UUCP (Jim Gardner) (12/09/85)

In article <7717@watrose.UUCP> clfisher@watrose.UUCP (CL) writes:
>Ok...I'm REALLY confused ("CL, you're ALWAYS confused" - nel) ... What I want
>to know is, on the 2nd to last page of DD229, there's this nun, right?  Well..
>JUST WHO THE H___ IS THIS NUN PERSON, ANYWAY?

The nun is Elektra.  She had to come back sooner or later...it's
just one of those facts of destiny that not even Frank Miller is
strong enough to fight.

			Jim Gardner, University of Waterloo

cdrigney@uokvax.UUCP (12/12/85)

/* Written  7:22 pm  Dec  8, 1985 by clfisher@watrose.UUCP in uokvax.UUCP:net.comics */

> What I want
> to know is, on the 2nd to last page of DD229, there's this nun, right?  Well..
> JUST WHO THE H___ IS THIS NUN PERSON, ANYWAY?

Matt's mother, of course.... isn't it obvious?

		--Carl Rigney
USENET:		{ihnp4,allegra!cbosgd}!okstate!uokvax!cdrigney

"You needn't thank me for telling you all this, the havoc created shall
be my reward."

ellen@reed.UUCP (Ellen Eades) (12/16/85)

>>[...]on the 2nd to last page of DD229, there's this nun, right?
>>JUST WHO THE H___ IS THIS NUN PERSON, ANYWAY?

> The nun is Elektra.  She had to come back sooner or later...it's
> just one of those facts of destiny that not even Frank Miller is
> strong enough to fight.

Actually I think the nun is Matt's mother.  If Frank Miller can
do a story about Matt's first girlfriend just because there was
that gap in his life, he's certainly entitled to pull Matt's
mother out of thin air...

Ellen
--
-    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -
	"Who's been repeating all that hard stuff to you?"

clfisher@watrose.UUCP (CL) (12/19/85)

Ok....I've been assuming that the woman in the flashback is the one we see
later, and that she is a nun at that time as well...I haven't seen DD230 yet,
so I don't know if any new information will come out of that.

	But...It can't be Matt's mother.  Unless things have changed, I don't
think there are any Catholic orders that you can join while your husband is
still alive. (Assuming Matt's parents were married..) Matt's dad was still
alive at the time of the flashback.  So..who could it be.

	Jim Gardner has suggested to me that it may be someone connected with
Stick.  (Stick's sister? |-)). This would explain how Matt met Stick in the
first place...
					Still confused.

						cl