[net.comics] This and that thunder god

soren@reed.UUCP (Soren Petersen) (01/18/86)

In article <57@fai.UUCP> ronc@fai.UUCP (Ronald O. Christian) writes:
>Thor:
>
>More examples of good writing, so good I wasn't bothered by the
>silliness of it all.  Frog-thor was a little shocking, but was
>a natural direction for the plot to go.  Lots of little things
>to like about this story, including Puddle-gulp's surprise at
>the end and Thor's conversation with his goats.
>
>				Ron

I had no problem with Thor-the-thunder-frog, mainly because I was so happy
to see Loki characterized so well.  Turning Thor into a frog is *exactly*
the sort of thing the mythological Loki would have done.  He was the god
of mischief, not evil as Marvel has generally assumed.  Thor is currently
my favorite Marvel title, largely because Simonson is so good at capturing
the spirit of the old myths.

Any ideas on what the teaser at the end of #366 means?
(The King is dead, long live the king (or should it be the other way round)).
It is depressingly easy to interpret this to mean that Odin is returning--
more proof that nothing ever changes at the Marvel house of ideas.

				Have a nice day,
					Soren Petersen