[net.comics] Peter David

boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) (01/24/86)

> From:	uok.UUCP!slrichte	(Steve Richter)

>> Web of Spider Man:
>>
>>                 ...I can't point a finger and say "That's the
>> reason the mag improved", but it has.
>
> You can point your finger at Peter David, who has been writing mostly
> Peter Parker, but occasionally does Web.  His writing has been
> very good, and if there are other net readers who have given up on
> Spidey (like I had), take a look at David's issues.

I agree wholeheartedly. I'd been away from the Spider-titles for quite
some time, even Roger Stern couldn't inspire me to read AMAZING SPIDER-
MAN. I'd been hearing good things about Peter David from Don Thompson's
reviews in CBG, and I picked up the first installment of "The Death of
Jean DeWolf" in PETER PARKER #107. Since then, I've been buying any
Spider-Man (AMAZING, SPECTACULAR, or WEB) with Peter David writing it.
He's not up in the super-heavy class with Moore, Baron, Miller, and
Hernandez (among others), but the guy is *good*.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}
	!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.DEC.COM