[net.comics] SWAMP THING's cancellation

boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) (02/11/86)

> From:	cvl!kayuucee	(Star-Lord)

> SWAMP THING #48 DC $.75 **
> [...]
> I heard that SWAMP THING was about to be
> cancelled. Well, that would be a shame. In these days of mutant-madness a
> good comic only faintly connected to super-heroes has hardly a chance.

Yes, SWAMP THING is being cancelled, but not for reasons you suspect.
Alan Moore wants to leave it at some point not yet determined, because
he wants to move on to other things (you should excuse the expression).
At that point, DC will cancel the comic, because they feel that no one
can follow up Moore's act.
	Actually, I'm sure that this is only partly true. SWAMP THING's
sales are most likely fairly poor (though they've gotten better with Moore
on the book), and without Moore, DC probably figures that the sales will
drop back down again.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}
	!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.DEC.COM