[net.comics] What is happening to Thor?

dub@pur-phy.UUCP (Paul Simmington) (12/10/85)

	What in the hell are they doing to Thor; especially after
the Beyonder and Power Pack!  Bow we find out that he's been turned
into a frog!  And that stubborn Asgardian attacks not only rats,
but now is attacking alligators.  I am expecting to see the
"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" to come flying to his aid.
	Could someone please exzplain to me how he's going
to be reverted back to humanoid form?  Or is Loki just going
to wave his hand and the mighty Thor will return to his humanoid
appearance?
	Any comments would be much appreciated.  I can't see
Thor as a toad (frog) carrying around a huge stone hammer!

			-- Paul --

"If you only knew the power of the Dark Side."

tim@k.cs.cmu.edu (Tim Maroney) (12/13/85)

Thor will return to his former godly form within two issues.  The
enchantment which turned him into a frog requires enormous amounts of
magical energy, which are being supplied by Surtur's sword.  Since the sword
was discovered by the children, it is only a matter of time before Heimdall
et al. travel to the desert to remove Loki's power taps, undoing the spell.
-=-
Tim Maroney, Electronic Village Idiot, CMU Center for Art and Technology
tim@k.cs.cmu.edu       | uucp: {seismo,decwrl,ucbvax,etc.}!k.cs.cmu.edu!tim
CompuServe: 74176,1360 | Offense is an inevitable consequence of honesty.

jones@fortune.UUCP (Dan Jones) (12/13/85)

In article <1922@pur-phy.UUCP> dub@pur-phy.UUCP (Paul Simmington) writes:
>	Any comments would be much appreciated.  I can't see
>Thor as a toad (frog) carrying around a huge stone hammer!

I don't know how to break this to you, Paul...
--
Dan Jones	UUCP: {ihnp4,ucbvax!amd70,hpda,sri-unix,harpo}!fortune!jones

"'Tis with our judgments as our watches, none go just alike, yet each
believes his own."  Pope, An Essay on Criticism

srp@houligan.UUCP (S R Pietrowicz) (12/19/85)

>>	What in the hell are they doing to Thor; especially after
>>the Beyonder and Power Pack!  Bow we find out that he's been turned
>>into a frog!  And that stubborn Asgardian attacks not only rats,
>>but now is attacking alligators.
>>	Could someone please exzplain to me how he's going
>>to be reverted back to humanoid form?  Or is Loki just going
>>to wave his hand and the mighty Thor will return to his humanoid
>>appearance?
>>	Any comments would be much appreciated.  I can't see
>>Thor as a toad (frog) carrying around a huge stone hammer!

My guess is that Odin is going to be coming back REALLY soon....Something
big seems to be brewing, what with Loki messing around with X-Men and
Alpha Flight's crew among others......
I think that Odin will be back in time to stop Loki, and that there'll be
a lot of mutants around for various "explained" reasons, and just at the
same time as Marvel's 25th Aniversary.....Gee what a coincedence. (sp?)
Of course that's just a guess.....8o)

--
------
S. R. Pietrowicz   UUCP: ...!ihnp4!pur-ee!csd-gould!houligan!srp

ccrrick@ucdavis.UUCP (Rick) (01/11/86)

> In article <1922@pur-phy.UUCP> dub@pur-phy.UUCP (Paul Simmington) writes:
> >	Any comments would be much appreciated.  I can't see
> >Thor as a toad (frog) carrying around a huge stone hammer!

It's been an unexpected thing, but I have found that I enjoy the
sequences with Thor as a little (though not relative to other
frogs) frog much more intriguing/interesting/entertaining than
the rest of the sequences.  The scene would shift to Asgard and I
would find myself saying, "NO, give me more of the frog stuff."
Why?  Perhaps there are things that I like about the character
that don't depend on his being an Asgardian god and perhaps the
story was well-written enough that it worked, even after
suffering such a severe change of environment.  In any case, it
makes me believe Simonson is doing an excellent job.  Go Walt!
--
				--rick heli
				... {ucbvax,lll-crg}!ucdavis!ccrrick

nison@ulowell.UUCP (Michael Nison) (02/20/86)

I have to agree that Thor as a frog is entertaining.  Perhaps the funniest
thing was the frogs being able to show facial expression (for example, the
princess wailing, "My father - DEAD?", or more obvious, Thor a la frog
gritting his teeth as he lifts the hammer). One point a friend made: why did
the rams (that towed Thor's chariot) make an allusion to an American Express
Card commercial? Nevertheless, I was amused.

A question to be asked: Puddlegulp reveals that he was formerly human.
Anyone we know?

Feel free to expound.

              ^
             /_\