[net.comics] BOC in the Avengers

dub@pur-phy.UUCP (Dwight) (02/21/86)

>From pur-ee!ihnp4!houxm!mhuxt!mhuxr!ulysses!burl!clyde!watmath!watnot!watlion!rbamodeo
>From: rbamodeo@watlion.UUCP (Roy Blaise Amodeo IV)
>Newsgroups: net.comics
>Subject: Avengers and Blue Oyster Cult
>
>I've been informed by a friend that an ancient Avengers comic had
>a plot containing references to various Blue Oyster Cult songs.
>The only reference that I can remember offhand had something to
>
>( Of course if there are any ideas out there, you will MAIL them
>to me, right? Just for the hell of it, I'll post a summary of the
>or not. )
>               Thanks in advance,
>                                       Roy Amodeo IV
	I am really sorry about this, but I couldn't find an easy
way to mail this to you.  I didn't want to send it through the very
convoluted path seen above.  Perhaps it is my fault or could you
put a convenient address after your signature.
	But anyways, I don't remember the exact issue number
that you are looking for, but here are some details (?) that I
remember.
	The Hulk is a member of the group (which means it might
really be the Defenders and not the Avengers).  It is atleast a two
part story.  A group picture of the BOC appears in the comic more
than once (I think implying that they are the brains behind the
nastiness that is hatched in the story.)  Part of the story involves
the heroes flying off to some trouble spot, but their jet is
attacked by the Air Force.  The attack was ordered by some
officer who is really the demon xxxxx in disguise.  The comic could
be about 7 to 8 years old.  Hope this helps and sorry to
everyone about posting this to the net.
			       Dwight Bartholomew
UUCP:{ihnp4,decvax,seismo,inuxc,sequent,uiucdcs }!pur-ee!pur-phy!galileo!dub
     {decwrl,hplabs,icase,psuvax1,siemens,ucbvax}|purdue!pur-phy!galileo!dub